Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 19989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2007, 11:21:00 pm »

Did eating the Cap'n Crunch require ice-cold milk pods?

HELL OF TINY CANS for Cryptonomicon reference. <3
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2007, 11:59:21 pm »

I get pee tested at random as part of being a medic, for pity's sake.

I've thought it, now I'll say it. Helping people sure ain't worth it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2007, 12:37:39 am »

How regular is the urine testing? Rumors of cannabis' staying power are grossly exaggerated.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 02:52:24 am »

How regular is the urine testing? Rumors of cannabis' staying power are grossly exaggerated.

It depends on the fat content of the individual.  You, maybe not so much.  Me, i've still got THC in me from the Carter Administration.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2007, 03:06:46 am »

It depends on the fat content of the individual.  You, maybe not so much.  Me, i've still got THC in me from the Carter Administration.

You got any of my mom's sponges over there, Paul?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 04:38:38 am »

How regular is the urine testing? Rumors of cannabis' staying power are grossly exaggerated.

It is NOT WORTH IT for me to risk my livelihood for getting high.

If I'm involved in ANY sort of accident, I get pee tested. Like...if the roads are slick and someone slides into me and kisses the bumper, even if it's not my fault I have to take a UA. I have not been in any accidents yet, so I haven't gotten pee tested since my hire-on UA. The weather here is shitty enough that stuff happens all the time - I've just been lucky that I haven't been driving when accidents have happened.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 04:46:29 am »

It depends on the fat content of the individual.  You, maybe not so much.  Me, i've still got THC in me from the Carter Administration.

DAMMIT!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 04:06:32 pm »

It is NOT WORTH IT for me to risk my livelihood for getting high.

If I'm involved in ANY sort of accident, I get pee tested. Like...if the roads are slick and someone slides into me and kisses the bumper, even if it's not my fault I have to take a UA. I have not been in any accidents yet, so I haven't gotten pee tested since my hire-on UA. The weather here is shitty enough that stuff happens all the time - I've just been lucky that I haven't been driving when accidents have happened.

Same thing with me, due to DOT regs (even though I only drive a desk). I don't take the chance.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2007, 04:50:49 pm »

Well, you know, you can do a lot of damage driving a desk.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2007, 06:34:41 pm »

Well, you know, you can do a lot of damage driving a desk.

Oh my, yes. Especially up here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »

Sure, Hazelwood probably didn't stand at the rudder...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2007, 11:52:53 pm »

Hazelwood was past being able to stand.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »

How regular is the urine testing? Rumors of cannabis' staying power are grossly exaggerated.

I don't know about urine testing, but hair samples hold drugs in them forever.  There have been studies done on Egyptian mummies that tested positive for marijuana after thousands of years.  Which is rather odd, really, when you consider that the plant is native to the New World.  They apparently also had access to cocaine and tobacco.

Of course, the mummies could have passed urine tests with ease, if only they'd hidden their bladders in canopic jars.  Which they didn't.  The criminal mind always sets its own traps - that's what you get for messing around with Mary Jane, people.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2007, 02:15:46 pm »

I don't know about urine testing, but hair samples hold drugs in them forever.  There have been studies done on Egyptian mummies that tested positive for marijuana after thousands of years.  Which is rather odd, really, when you consider that the plant is native to the New World.  They apparently also had access to cocaine and tobacco.

Of course, the mummies could have passed urine tests with ease, if only they'd hidden their bladders in canopic jars.  Which they didn't.  The criminal mind always sets its own traps - that's what you get for messing around with Mary Jane, people.

Right but it is not as though your hair 10 years from now will know what you did today. New hair replaces old hair at a decent rate. I took hair and urine tests for my job and they measured the hair such that it went back 3 months.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2007, 03:09:05 pm »

Right but it is not as though your hair 10 years from now will know what you did today. New hair replaces old hair at a decent rate. I took hair and urine tests for my job and they measured the hair such that it went back 3 months.

I shave my head for every new job.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up