Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The end-times  (Read 7163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The end-times
« on: March 15, 2007, 04:41:37 pm »

So, whoever would have thought we would have ended up with six hundred sixty-six members? As #6, I guess I'm heartened that so many of the early members are still active. I thought maybe, as the third anniversary approaches, this might be a nice opportunity to reflect on where we are, what the board's about, and how things are going.

Or we could digress onto a new TOUAMB meme about food and degenerate sexual practices.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:22:29 pm »

Member no. 12 here.  Happy 3rd. birthday TOUAMB.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The end-times
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:23:19 pm »

SO WHO HERE HAS A FETISH FOR GIRAFFE PLACENTA?!

... Okay. I'm done.

On some level, it amazes me that I'm still on this board. Prior to this, my sticking-around-a-message-board skills were very low, and I'd never even managed to delurk at Dumbrella. And now... well, now you can't get rid of me. Arharharharhar.

I'd like to thank my freshman-year summer internship, back in the summer of 2003, for giving me copious time to screw around on a message board when I was a youngling; Chris Onstad, for writing a strip so interesting I wanted to delurk and talk about it (as opposed to other Dumbrella strips, where I was content to sort of watch the boards with ever-growing horror); and the community here, who are a stand-up group of dudes and ladies I am proud to know. One day, I'mma make a board meetup, and it'll be sweet.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The end-times
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 07:29:37 pm »

man, I...

I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 07:32:35 pm »

Number 8 checking in.  Woot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 07:35:19 pm »

Fancy that! Member 666, born August 1st. Coincidences abound.
Logged

Terry

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Who, who is it?
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:21 pm »

man, I...

I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.

Doesn't Jough habitually prune the member list? Without that I suspect the board would be far closer to the 1000 mark. It also explains your relatively recent-ish number join, I think.
Logged
I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride. But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died... OR DID IT?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:41:04 pm »

man, I...

I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.

I think I'm #491.  Your posting frequency is impressive considering the relative age of our accounts.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The end-times
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:02 pm »

I had hoped this would be about the Actual End-Times, so that I could point out the Total Coincedence that Jesus died at 33 and I will be 33 when the Mayan calendar ends.

Instead we end up with another one of Terry's Clues That He Has Been Around Awhile.

Man.

Another lost opportunity to insinuate myself as a Messianic figure. Nurtz.

EDIT: Also, the members' list function claims that there are 604 members, so... 666 would be the total number of profiles ever created, I'd think, with 62 profiles having been purged for non-posting at some point. That doesn't, of course, count whatever instances there are of people having multiple accounts...

Such as Onstad being at least fifteen of us, Terry being Judy and so on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:45:07 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Terry

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Who, who is it?
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:02 pm »

I had hoped this would be about the Actual End-Times, so that I could point out the Total Coincedence that Jesus died at 33 and I will be 33 when the Mayan calendar ends.

Instead we end up with another one of Terry's Clues That He Has Been Around Awhile.

Man.

Another lost opportunity to insinuate myself as a Messianic figure. Nurtz.

By all means, go ahead with your claims to Messiah-hood and theories on the end-times. I don't want my mere presence in a thread to set off these crazy accusations that I was a previous member here, or set off discussion of said topic.
Logged
I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride. But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died... OR DID IT?

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 08:50:20 pm »

Onstad being at least fifteen of us? We are all Onstad.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 09:23:07 pm »

Members reappearing in different form.  Members hiding behind a new identity.  These are bad soap opera plot devices people.  What's next, an evil twin?  Wait, we've already had that too.  Has TOUAMB jumped the shark?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The end-times
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 09:35:56 pm »

We really just need Ted McGinley to register.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The end-times
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:47:20 pm »

We really just need Ted McGinley to register.

You know, I know this was written for a specific reason, but I will change the subject and say I really miss JM J Bullock.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: The end-times
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 09:44:51 am »

Members reappearing in different form.  Members hiding behind a new identity.  These are bad soap opera plot devices people.  What's next, an evil twin?  Wait, we've already had that too.  Has TOUAMB jumped the shark?

Is it that recent a development?  I just found this guy in the archives.  Any more senior members know the story behind that one?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up