Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"  (Read 4845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« on: March 16, 2007, 07:00:51 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162007

You have to enjoy how Ray deals with the hatred of an old man.

"Man, I got to disagree." The dude is Bargaining.

The dude was born Bargaining, lives Bargaining and will die Bargaining.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01:43 am »

This is perhaps the best way the arc could have ended.

"a toilet seat that smokes a cigar"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:03:38 am »

Also, "I think you would shoot a baby."

Coming from Dr. Leon Sumbitches, that is entirely sincere and entirely cold. Daaang.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:42:19 am »

weak effort
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 08:46:57 am »

Leon is just in a bad mood because he still hasn't heard back from his colleague Dr. Ueuys about his plan to eradicate disease in Africa.  He is beginning to lose hope.

Those poor Africans.  Not only will they stay sick, now they will never know the delicious taste of a Smuckles' Christian Burrito.  Hard times indeed.  Life is never neat; life is always bad.
Logged

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 09:46:05 am »

Wow, this one actually made me slap my desk. I like the increasing scorn on Leon's face in panel 4.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 11:38:46 am »

Onstad didn't feel like investing six days of effort into Lie Bot and Vlad mooning everyone from a Datsun while screaming "Success!" so he just wrapped it up as is.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 03:17:19 pm »

Yeah, that felt rushed to me. This arc could have gone another two, three strips before being packed in.

I mean hell, all Beef got to do was check a Wikipedia entry.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:38 pm »

Quote
FIN.

This always makes me far happier than it has any right to.

I agree that it seemed a bit dashed there, but the call was pretty well executed so I can live with it. And to be honest, I'm not entirely certain that it could have gone much further without being overstretched; maybe it was just not too well structured rather than cut too short.

I think Leon's being a little harsh. Ray's a lot of things, but he is not a guy who shoots a baby.

(EDITED for being posted entirely as a quotation, with implications not worth deep consideration.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:09:46 pm by Ruta Bagas »
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 03:53:08 pm »

Man Leon really laid it on thick here. And for what? Cause ray said it was an amateur automobile historian and wanted a 25 dollar token payment? I'm coming out in favor of ray here. If leon really wanted his money to be safe he would have played along with ray.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 04:36:15 pm »

I don't know, man. if I were a (terrifying looking) philanthropic African millionaire, I would not trust a man who made fun of me over the internet. With my billions.

of dollars.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 04:39:17 pm »

I don't know, man. if I were a (terrifying looking) philanthropic African millionaire, I would not trust a man who made fun of me over the internet. With my billions.

of dollars.

Ha ha. Point taken.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37:24 pm »

2/10
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 09:22:53 pm »

I give it full credit for the Stevie Wonder reference.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 16, 2007 - "songs sung in the key of lie"
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »

It was only until the last strip that I was beginning to get into the story, so the fin gives me a shucks, but whatever, as long as Monday's strip is entertaining then it's all good.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up