Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Anniversary (10-01-03)  (Read 7117 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Anniversary (10-01-03)
« on: October 01, 2003, 03:23:53 am »

This has got to be the earliest I've seen Achewood updated that I can remember....  I just checked at 10:30 pm CST.  Working on identifying everyone, haven't really looked too hard yet

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:36:50 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 03:50:20 am »

I had quite the time finding Johnny Cash, then he appeared right in the middle. Love how Ray's on the phone and Beef is the Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.,j and completely didn't notice that Andy wore thong flip-flops until now.

I saw the "Moon Over My Hammy" waiter, but wasn't there also a starbucks barista in the strip at some point? Or am I just drunk (I might be)? Also, there are more cats in there than I remember. Who's the one with the combover?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 03:50:47 am »

I'm looking closely, and I think that EVERY Achewood character ever drawn is there. Even Andy.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 03:56:08 am »

I only looked for a little while, but the combover dude I know.  That's the guy that was sitting next to Beef at the sushi restaurant in the underground a few weeks back.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 04:05:55 am »

THANK YOU SO MUCH UNIT PMCD9!

Please tell me you bang on a regular basis the panty-free chick from that one photo you posted. You'd be cool as Ray.




Otherwise, you're only as cool as Vlad.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 04:27:19 am »

Onstad should make this comic available as a limited edition rotogravure poster.  I'd buy one.  Maybe even two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 04:54:47 am »

I'm enough of a dork that I spent two solid minutes looking for Petunia, and I was totally prepared to bitch on this MB had I not found her. But I did.

It occurs to me that we don't have any of Todd's squirrel homies here besides Blister. Maybe they got de-invited?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 06:49:42 am »

I love how everything eminates from Cash.  Nice.

And Beef is the only one to appear twice, although the second time he's the Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. so that may count as a different character.

I like how he continues his habit of not re-drawing anything and just collected them all together from other strips.

Kinda like the Achewood Forum Logo above, except that I left out like 50,000 characters.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 06:50:06 am »

P.S. Happy Anniversary, Chris.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 11:01:21 am »

Scrambles needs to get the fuck away from Nice Pete.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 11:05:32 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

It occurs to me that we don't have any of Todd's squirrel homies here besides Blister. Maybe they got de-invited?


they are in todd's van getting crunked

what about the snake? even though he is dead dead.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 12:32:18 pm »

Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  

My favorite is how Phillipe's Mom appears to be on the phone with Satan.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 01:37:57 pm »

She could be on the phone with Ray, too.  Perhaps they're having a conference call.

Interesting choice of the basketball (murder)-playing version of Nice Pete.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 01:48:10 pm »

Doctor Andretti w/clipboard is next to Johnny Cash. This is good: he is an expert at bringing people back from the dead.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2003, 02:00:39 pm »

Where's the squirrel who was in the snake? (I don't have time right now to look up the strip)

I guess one Aibo can represent them all. I choose to believe that's Dr. Kisses.

I like how even Beef's childhood friends are back by Vlad. That was sweet of them to come.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up