Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Anniversary (10-01-03)  (Read 7133 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2003, 03:09:55 pm »

The snake I'm leaving out, because he is, in fact, dead. But the squirrel that was in the snake should definitely show up.

Also: what, Blister couldn't get an invite for the guy who invented salami?

Anyway, if it wasn't clear above, this strip rocks. Happy anniversary to the 'stad and the 'wood.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 04:11:29 pm »

man even french fry and roller skate are there. Also, I am wearing my special boy tshirt today.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2003, 04:33:01 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The snake I'm leaving out, because he is, in fact, dead. But the squirrel that was in the snake should definitely show up.


Little Freddie

Also, how long has December, 1969 had an entry on the archives? Am I the only one just noticing this?
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2003, 04:47:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm enough of a dork that I spent two solid minutes looking for Petunia, and I was totally prepared to bitch on this MB had I not found her. But I did.


That's ok.  I took forever to find Mantonio, even though he's right next to Tina.  Nice to see things are still working out for those kids.

Also, what is the name of the woman that Mr. Bear is talking to.  During a cursory look through the archive, I didn't see her being named anywhere.



Quote from: "jldunston"
Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  


But not my title?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2003, 04:56:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Also, how long has December, 1969 had an entry on the archives? Am I the only one just noticing this?


I noticed this the other day and wondered the same thing.

Also, who is the guy in the tux up next to Nightlife Mingus and Todd's van?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2003, 05:11:37 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, who is the guy in the tux up next to Nightlife Mingus and Todd's van?


He's Showbiz's boss at Louis XIV. I don't think he has a name. Much like poor Mr. Bear's nameless lady-friend.

I guess Madison doesn't count for an appearance since we only saw her back via thought bubble.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2003, 05:24:56 pm »

That whole panel would look great as a painting in a barber's shop.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2003, 05:25:46 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  


But not my title?


Of course!  But two things: 1) I noticed your title a long time ago so I take it for granted and 2) I love that the original scrabble piece layout is preserved in PT's .sig.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2003, 05:49:59 pm »

PHP inserts the date 31 December 1969 when it doesn't know the date - since UNIX Epoch time is 1 January 1970 (don't ask me why in the computer world this is the day that TIME BEGAN - it just IS).

And it looks like 'stad has added a few characters since last night.  I made the old version my desktop, so maybe I can post it here to contrast and compare.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2003, 06:14:21 pm »

rah! just managed to avoid having to ask who the fuck that square thing in the top left is by some crafty hunch-based archive perusal.
truly, i am the king of kings.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2003, 06:47:58 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
truly, i am the king of kings.


Mr. Burns?
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 07:28:59 pm »

Boo-urns!  Boo-urns!
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anniversary - Oct 1
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2003, 07:42:48 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Boo-urns!  Boo-urns!


Now Hans Moleman is here. Apparently every man, woman, and child in Springfield is an Ache-head.
Logged

reigunred

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Antique Road Show
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2003, 07:51:47 pm »

Where is the Antiques Road Show guy.. you know the one who appraises the daggeurotype.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
...yeah...
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 08:47:41 pm »

The only people that aren't there, that I can think of, are Little Nephew's friends, Todd's friends, and the American Road Show dude.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up