Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...  (Read 6786 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

And Happy Belated Birthday, too.  I was going to let somebody post this who was actually around at the same time as Q, but... nobody did.  Seriously, folks!  Do you really think he'd ever come back if this is the kind of treatment he gets?  Jeez!

I'm sorry it had to happen this way, Q.  Don't take it too hard, if you're reading this up there in TOUAMB Heaven... we still love you.  I'll do my best to carry the Sick Fuck torch in your absence.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Well we've already had about 2-3 threads dedicated to begging him to come back.  If he wants to come back he knows where we are.  Fuck that guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

He's probably gone all Andy Kaufman, would only ever come back once no one really remembered him.

He was quite thorough in removing himself from the internet though, I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

Fair enough.  I just thought it was kind of rude for him to not have a birthday thread, is all, in absentia or not.

He's probably gone all Andy Kaufman, would only ever come back once no one really remembered him.

He was quite thorough in removing himself from the internet though, I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.

I suppose we'll find that out in 2026 or thereabouts.  Lately it seems like everybody else has been going Andy Kaufman around here, too.  I barely know what's going on anymore.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.

So what about littlefallsmets then?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

A view of his profile indicates that he was indeed active yesterday doing something. His lasts posts say he thought he posting excessively with over 2000 posts in less than a year...
A TOUAMB burn out I guess we could call him. All sitting up at 3AM with "Blinded by the light" playing in the background - dollar bills caked in white powder and a single bony finger feverishly hitting the refresh button on the "whos online" page. Its a sad sight. It was for the best.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: wombat
So what about littlefallsmets then?

Well, I mean, I'm actually Chris Onstad.

So are you, womb@. Are you one of his sleep sock puppets that he doesn't remember? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the waking ones...

Or am I?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace

Are you one of his sleep sock puppets that he doesn't remember?

'Where do your fingers go?'
?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

To be fair, he shows up all the time - he just doesn't post. Can't blame him. I'm surprised more people don't take periodic breaks.

Maybe it's just the top performers:

Queue
Zartan
Me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Well we've already had about 2-3 threads dedicated to begging him to come back.  If he wants to come back he knows where we are.  Fuck that guy.

Quoted for truth.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 07:46:42 pm »

I told him Happy Birthday on Last.fm

Quote from: the man himself
Thanks ver much! Now continue staying the fuck away.

He is bitter that I live very near him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 01:26:52 am »

I told him Happy Birthday on Last.fm

He is bitter that I live very near him.

...did he have a psychotic break or something? What the hell happened?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 01:28:51 am »

I think the strain of being Terry AND Judy AND Mr. Q AND Chris Onstad all at once got to him.

That's... that's what my dog told me, anyway.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 01:29:32 am »

...did he have a psychotic break or something? What the hell happened?

Naah, he just doesn't like us anymore. There's no accounting for taste.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 02:08:29 am »

He's moved on to greener pastures.  Life goes on.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up