Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephen King  (Read 8467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen King
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 03:32:04 am »

You know the expression "I don't like your face,"?  Fightin' words. 

I don't know the mechanics of it, but I think there are certain people that we just instinctively/intuitively react badly to.  People whose manner/expression/aura/whatever are somehow highly antithetical or offensive to us on some unconscious or subconscious level.  People that we have an intense negative reaction to within split seconds of our first exposure to them for no good or explainable reason.

I know this has happened to me.  I don't doubt that I've been the subject of it as well.  Maybe that's what happened with you and your arch-nemesis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Stephen King
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 03:50:43 am »

yeah, I know that there are certainly people that I dislike for no good reason. But normally later I realize that there were many perfectly reasonable, non-appearance-based reasons for me to hate them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen King
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 04:02:31 am »

yeah, I know that there are certainly people that I dislike for no good reason. But normally later I realize that there were many perfectly reasonable, non-appearance-based reasons for me to hate them.

Can't argue with that.  I'm not saying that initial reaction isn't justified, just remarking on the phenomenon. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up