Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zee Wii  (Read 2620 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Zee Wii
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:22:27 pm »

Okay, so I got home for spring break today. While I was gone, my parents, finally, after 21 years of parenting, broke down and got our family a video game console.  We never, in all my years as a child and adolescent in that house, got to play Mario Brothers or any similar joyful video games. My friends still make fun of me for it.

But NOW they get my thirteen year old brother Reuben a Wii, and it's effing SWEET. It's so goddamn cool, I don't ever want to go back to school or do anything productive ever again. Wii Boxing is the best thing ever, pretty much, and no residual guilt for being lazy because it's the best workout I've gotten in years.

Buy one (if you can find it). You won't regret it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00:50 pm »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:05:50 pm »

Zing!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:07:05 pm »

DAMNIT. Thought I was being clever.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:32:57 pm »

http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3266.0.html

I'm interested to know if there's any generally accepted statute of limitations on this. If nobody's posted in a thread for a month and a half, shouldn't she be able to post a new thread on the subject? I would say yes.

Welcome to the world of the Wii. You should ration your excitement, though, because there's a bit of a quality games drought at the moment.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:44:32 pm »

I'm interested to know if there's any generally accepted statute of limitations on this. If nobody's posted in a thread for a month and a half, shouldn't she be able to post a new thread on the subject? I would say yes.

Welcome to the world of the Wii. You should ration your excitement, though, because there's a bit of a quality games drought at the moment.

The statue of limitiations might be a billion years.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:25:20 pm »

After beating a friend in Wii Boxing, I had to lay on the floor and not move for twenty minutes.

That shit is INTENSE.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »

Yeah, my back and dominant arm already ache.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 11:48:12 pm »

Perhaps if my fighting style wasn't Completely Self-Destructive, it'd be different.

But I'm just up there wailing away as hard and fast as I can for nine minutes.

My girlfriend is all Cassius Clay up there, stickin' and movin' and duckin' and dodgin'.

It... hurts her less.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 11:49:52 pm »

The first day I got it I was incredibly stoned and didn't sleep, as I had to be at the store at like 6 am and couldn't be fucked to wake up that early, and I was like jumping like a madman and swinging so hard and whatnot that I threw out my shoulder slightly.  Then I found out you only have to snap your wrist.

It was better before I found that out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:07:11 am »

Yeah, I've heard that. I don't want to do that. I want to yell expletives while punching the air ferociously. There are not many opportunities one is afforded in one's adult life to do such a thing, beyond...well, watching professional sports.

It's kind of like March Madness, except now I get to punch Roy Williams in the face.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 12:10:14 am »

Quote from: RMJ12345
I want to yell expletives while punching the air ferociously. There are not many opportunities one is afforded in one's adult life to do such a thing, beyond...well, watching professional sports.

You could always listen to a Nine Inch Nails recording on headphones.

This often leads to me getting so into the song that I am swearing loudly and punching things not there.

This could be a Guys Roughly My Age thing, though, and not a universal truth.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 12:39:35 am »

maybe it would be better for your arm if you had something to actually punch-- punching the air means your shoulder is getting all beat up by having to stop your arm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 08:36:11 am »

It takes practice to learn how to maximize your movement efficiency - but the game is most fun when you first start and fight like you are really in the ring.




Oh and my latest Wii review:

Sonic (& The Secret Rings) - Most replay value of any Wii game yet.  Plus the first game on the console to be what I describe as "bangin'", a fast paced action game with little down-time.  It's a little quirky because Sonic never stops moving:  his default is to be running although you have a brake button, you hold the controller NES style and you tilt it to move sideways as he runs on a fixed path, but the learning curve is quick.  It is most similar to the Sonic Adventure games, where you use homing attacks to attack enemies and the levels are mostly fixed paths.  Not difficult to beat, but tons of stuff to unlock, and tons of missions giving it the replay value that no game on Wii really has right now.  Graphics are good, got seven worlds that look excellent, but the music is pretty bad.  Storyline is the most cliched thing they could come up with, but whatever, all the original Sonic games didn't even have a story at all.

It is probably the best game you could get coupled with the system.  Would have made a perfect launch title.  This game is a must play more than any Wii game out right now.

I only have one MAJOR problem with this game, but it has nothing to do with gameplay.  The enemies are most uninspired pieces of shit any human could possibly create.  The (Sega used to call them "baddies" right?) baddies used to be the best part about Sonic games, the #####s were so creative and unique with their looks and attacks.  Well don't expect that from this game.  There is basically one enemy design that is in every level, this generic floating "genie", most of them don't even attack, and there are very few other designs at all.  That really pisses me off.  Boo to that.

But otherwise, it's probably my favorite Wii game so far.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Zee Wii
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:52:33 am »

Thanks for that Deified one, I've been contemplating that one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up