Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I am hungry a lot more of the time.  (Read 3709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »

Ok.

I am from circumstances. The body is neat, it can adjust to a diet of one meal a day or less pretty well. I have not been in circumstances for a good time now. I am recently eating more, and now that it is warm, I am spending days outside.

Why am I hungry so much now? It's not like hunger pangs, but the nagging thought at the back of my mind that I want to eat something. Mostly I have fruits or a omelette (i am learning how to make good omelettes and going through a lot of eggs) and sometimes a bagel. Also meats, grains.

I have belly pudge but it isn't noticeably increasing. Also, my beard and mustache sealed up, and I am having more body hair come in.

If this is some kind of secondary puberty shenanigans at twenty, I am not amused.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:38:29 pm »

Could you be... with child? Did she at least do the honourable thing and get engaged to you?

There is nothing sadder than a pregnant dude and a shotgun wedding.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:59:50 pm »

What is this, ask.metafilter?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 01:27:39 am »

I bet it's a tapeworm. I bet that drinking some kerosene would help with that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:28:32 am »

I bet it's a tapeworm.

Dang, beat me to it!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 01:59:33 am »

I periodically go through times like that.

Of course, my doctor also broke my mom's heart by telling her that I'm "practically anorexic," which was completely unnecessary. And a lie. What she meant was "his BMI would make us think that he is anorexic except that he just gained 8 lbs, which indicates that he is not eating in an anorexic manner you stupid doctor making my mom get all upset what the fuck are you thinking"

but yeah, sometimes I go through periods of being hungry all the time. It's weird. You'd think I had a hunger-drive or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 03:26:44 am »

Fooker, does it help if you drink lots of water?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 03:33:50 am »

Then I'm just hungry, with crystal clear urine. I should go make a wikipedia entry about my urinations.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 03:34:16 am »

I bet it's a tapeworm. I bet that drinking some kerosene would help with that.

Friggin' beauty, 'eh!
Logged
We must repeat!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 07:12:17 am »

So you're hungry all the time? Welcome to the world that most women have to inhabit their whole lives.

My next suggestion would be to talk to your doctor. Maybe it indicates a larger underlying problem.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 07:43:21 am »

Friggin' beauty, 'eh!

If I have a tapeworm, I'm not going to do a damn thing about it.

Friggin' ultimate diet aid. Nothing spells "8% bodyfat here I come!" like a 20 foot long parasite coiled in my intestines.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch Alien again.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 03:22:47 pm »

So you're hungry all the time? Welcome to the world that most women have to inhabit their whole lives.

This is partially because, as I have said, because our culture is fucked. Man how I hate this. I am angry now.

As an aside, there is some stupid fuck*ng reality show about "Top Models". It goes through this whole fuck*ng deal about these poor girls trying to last on this show and not be thrown off. They are all like bundles of sticks already, and the other people on the show talk about how they need to lose weight and stay tight and all that horseshit. Then at the end, over the end credits, there's a little PSA of a nine year old girl saying horrible things like "you're too fat" and "you need to lose weight" and all that, and then the blurb comes on the screen saying that at age nine like 40% of girls have already dieted, and how we need to change this and it's a horrible thing. I don't even have anything clever to say here. What the fuck is wrong with these people.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 05:58:03 pm »

Amen, Nabu.

Fooker, it could be anything from a thyroid issue to anemia to dehydration. Also, if the composition of your diet is limited (e.g. if you're not getting a lot of variety), you may be missing key nutrients that prompt a hunger response (your body just trying to get you to eat and eat and eat in hopes that eventually you'll consume something that has the missing elements in it).

If you're eating more protein than carbs, you could be experiencing carb cravings. The body can process carbs more quickly, and if you suddenly decrease your carb intake, your body has to retrain itself to be patient during the processing of protein. So I'd suggest monkeying with your diet and then possibly checking in with your doctor.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 06:00:27 pm »

This definitely sounds hormonal in nature.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I am hungry a lot more of the time.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 06:23:24 pm »

Let us know if you start doing this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up