Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So What Is Life Like?  (Read 10638 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 01:52:07 pm »

In like 1st or 2nd grade I remembering being on the playground and all the guys wishing that we could just look at boobs all day for a living. I totally should have been more specific, because while that's what I do now it is not very exciting.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 05:57:24 pm »

1st or 2nd grade? Wow. I totally thought boobs were gross at that age.

...actually, I probably thought they were perfectly normal and natural. That's the kind of hippy garbage my parents taught me as a kid.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 06:01:33 pm »

Boobs were always awesome.

I never had a "girls are yucky" phase. I had crushes in kindergarten and they never stopped.

I pretended to be a little bit of a "girls are yucky" kid to try and fit in more with my peers but, as with all things with kids, when you fake something to fit in, kids smell your fear and reject you.

I also had a pretend imaginary friend. Like I pretended to have an imaginary friend because I thought that would cause adults to think I was less weird. This set the standard for the rest of my life.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »

yeah, I mean, that's actually the case. Now that I think about it, I totally tried to smooch girls in kindergarden.
they didn't have boobs then, though. I don't remember my opinion on boobs.

I had an imaginary friend, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 06:18:13 pm »

1st or 2nd grade? Wow. I totally thought boobs were gross at that age.

...actually, I probably thought they were perfectly normal and natural. That's the kind of hippy garbage my parents taught me as a kid.

I don't think any of us liked girls, we just knew that boobs were awesome and whoever created Playboy was the greatest man who ever lived.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 06:19:54 pm »

Even weirder was when my younger brother caught on to what I was doing and made up a FAKE pretend imaginary friend, so as to make fun of what I was up to in front of the adults. It was as though the Earth was standing atop a turtle and it was turtles all the way down.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 07:50:33 pm »

I sold my imaginary friend on eBay.

As for my dreams, I had parents who told me that I could basically do whatever the hell I wanted, no matter what anyone else said.

This makes my dealings with certain, more regimented types... difficult. They don't quite understand how I am going to pull off this whole "write because I can do it without making crap" thing. They don't get why I am not living on the street on welfare, seeing as I didn't even technically graduate Highschool.

It's sort of scary that I might be living my life just to spite that nice jewish honor student girl who told me that I CAN'T do things my way, that I have to do it the normal way.

Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »

What does her ethnicity or religion have to do with it?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 07:53:06 pm »

Or gender, for that matter.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 07:58:14 pm »

Because I really really like nice jewish girls. I have a sarah silverman crush.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 08:03:17 pm »

Because I really really like nice jewish girls. I have a sarah silverman crush.

Crap, that's the oxymoron siren!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 08:06:54 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, the one time I had to deal with Ms. Silverman in the course of my job, she was neither a loud baudy tomboy nor an actually-quite-sweet normal person. She was your standard vaguely-pleasant-but-completely-aloof rich actress lady with a little yippy dog.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 08:09:26 pm »

By nice I mean doable.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 08:15:03 pm »

oh my god, Sarah Silverman. Holy fuck. Yes.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: So What Is Life Like?
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 08:20:21 pm »

She is hot, yeah, but significantly less in person.

When divested of her swarthy-tomboy public persona, she is another pretty lady who is probably too skinny to be able to menstruate. Attractive, definitely, but... without the attitude, it is diminished.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up