one of my friends here had a dream once that his dad, who is a Lawyer, got in a really serious car accident.
he goes to the hospital, and he says "Zach, there's something I've never told you. And I'm going to tell you now, because it's important. I draw and write Garfield. Jim Davis died in the mid-90's, and I've been creating the Garfield strip every day, ever since. And now, I need you to do it." He couldn't bear to tell his dad how much he hates Garfield, how much everyone hates Garfield... so he had to try to do it.
Then he woke up.
He also dreamt once that the Notorious B.I.G. came back to life, and that he had to protect him from the gang members trying to kill him.
At the end of that dream, Biggie got shot in slow motion. And exploded into rainbows.
Also: I can't get the audio on that site to load, but... based on the comments on the blog, fuck that guy. And fuck the "Brandon" guy, who had a long argument that went like this.
"No, seriously, can anyone explain to me why it's funny?"
"Because it's absurd, and surrealist, and (gives examples)"
"no, see, that isn't absurd. Absurd would be...
A tangential absurdity would have been an end line of “Philippe is made of macaroni.” Situational absurdity would be “Philippe folded it into a schooner and is sailing to Mexico.” Even a simple absurdity would be him saying “Philippe is standing on it” and show Philippe NOT standing on it.
So, see, why is it funny?"
Why does it make people mad when other people like something that they don't?
PS this doesn't count for things that
I like or don't like. only what I like is good. I reserve the right, as a human being, to continue believing this.