Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Scott Kurtz is a dick.  (Read 34412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 10:18:02 pm »

It seems the enormous nasal man doesnt like 'working too hard'.

Imagine that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 10:44:24 pm »

Quote
Well that was weird. 90% of the podcast was guys (and a gal) whingeing angrily about achewood's awful (and huge*) hipster fake readership.

Yeah, I actually wasn't all that aware we were hip. QC is hip (or about hipster music, at least). We're weirdos; the paste-eaters and computer programmers of webcomic fans.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 10:56:49 pm »

Yeah, I actually wasn't all that aware we were hip. QC is hip (or about hipster music, at least). We're weirdos; the paste-eaters and computer programmers of webcomic fans.

Achewood is the only webcomic I like. I've looked at others and tried to get into them and it just didn't happen. This is also the only message board I've ever liked... so Hi, My name is Chris and I'm a pasteater weirdo.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

Quote
Hi, My name is Chris and I'm a pasteater weirdo.

HI CHRIS!

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2007, 11:10:12 pm »

Achewood is the only webcomic I like. I've looked at others and tried to get into them and it just didn't happen. This is also the only message board I've ever liked... so Hi, My name is Chris and I'm a pasteater weirdo.

I like that someone called you on being Chris earlier.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2007, 11:15:37 pm »

How can a strip where the readers' POV character is Roast Beef be for hipsters?

I mean, for fuck's sake, he has the depression.

He is not a ninja with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

He is not a comic strip artist with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

He is not a role-playing-character or a magazine editor or any other geek-glamourous occupation with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

The audience is Beef. Beef is the audience. He has too much sense than to get out of bed. He is in a co-dependent relationship with a ghost-cat-lady. The only reason he has anything material is the absent-minded whims of his four-times-blessed friend from small times. He was born with undifferentiated gender and a girl's name. He is Roast Beef and he has the depression.

WE are Roast Beef and WE have the depression! (Imagine such as in Fight Club after Mr. Loaf dies.)

We are Roast Beef, we have the depression and that is the exact opposite of being a hipster.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2007, 11:20:11 pm »

How can a strip where the readers' POV character is Roast Beef be for hipsters?

I mean, for fuck's sake, he has the depression.

He is not a ninja with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

He is not a comic strip artist with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

He is not a role-playing-character or a magazine editor or any other geek-glamourous occupation with a bunch of hot women constantly courting him through wacky adventures.

The audience is Beef. Beef is the audience. He has too much sense than to get out of bed. He is in a co-dependent relationship with a ghost-cat-lady. The only reason he has anything material is the absent-minded whims of his four-times-blessed friend from small times. He was born with undifferentiated gender and a girl's name. He is Roast Beef and he has the depression.

WE are Roast Beef and WE have the depression! (Imagine such as in Fight Club after Mr. Loaf dies.)

We are Roast Beef, we have the depression and that is the exact opposite of being a hipster.

You could do with an editor.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2007, 11:23:33 pm »

Hm?

I'm... writing on a message board, man. I am typing and then quickly hitting the "post" button because I am writing from work and doing work-type things as I jump on and off of this board and the internet in general. If I was writing for something professional, I would definitely be editing more thoroughly. Also, if this were professional, I'd be getting paid.

My point is that you and I are brothers, Nabu, in our non-hipster beefness.

EDIT: You too, Judy. Me, you, your other personality, Nabu, everyone, even the ladies here, we are all brothers in beefness.

EDIT X 2: It seems Judy's reply has been erased. Still, both of him are definitely brothers in beef.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:26:50 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2007, 11:36:10 pm »

Hm?

I'm... writing on a message board, man. I am typing and then quickly hitting the "post" button because I am writing from work and doing work-type things as I jump on and off of this board and the internet in general. If I was writing for something professional, I would definitely be editing more thoroughly. Also, if this were professional, I'd be getting paid.

My point is that you and I are brothers, Nabu, in our non-hipster beefness.

EDIT: You too, Judy. Me, you, your other personality, Nabu, everyone, even the ladies here, we are all brothers in beefness.

EDIT X 2: It seems Judy's reply has been erased. Still, both of him are definitely brothers in beef.
A'ight. Still, wouldn't it be nice to have an editor for your posts? I wish I had one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2007, 11:43:23 pm »

I want to know what you do for a living, LFM, aside from vaguely being in the entertainment business, that you have so much time to post on a messageboard at work. I may be looking to change careers again and I know I don't want Nabu's job where I have to go to a cold dark place for months on end. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2007, 11:45:14 pm »

me too. I am trying a thing lately where... sometimes I type up a big ol' reply, and then I read over it. And then I delete it. Because 90% of the time, my responses are "oh man, that reminds me of (something that isn't really related)"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2007, 11:45:45 pm »

I want to know what you do for a living, LFM, aside from vaguely being in the entertainment business, that you have so much time to post on a messageboard at work. I may be looking to change careers again and I know I don't want Nabu's job where I have to go to a cold dark place for months on end. 


Hey, but we could hang out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2007, 11:49:08 pm »

me too. I am trying a thing lately where... sometimes I type up a big ol' reply, and then I read over it. And then I delete it. Because 90% of the time, my responses are "oh man, that reminds me of (something that isn't really related)"

Dude, are we the same person?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2007, 11:52:58 pm »

I'm... I'm pretty sure that I'm me, and you're you. Do you get that feeling too?


...maybe if we both feel the same way, then it means we are the same person? That makes it confusing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2007, 11:57:06 pm »

me too. I am trying a thing lately where... sometimes I type up a big ol' reply, and then I read over it. And then I delete it. Because 90% of the time, my responses are "oh man, that reminds me of (something that isn't really related)"

I do that constantly. That's why I end up lurking so much and yet posting so little.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up