Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Scott Kurtz is a dick.  (Read 34432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:25 am »

I tend to wander off, and then come back and vomit all over the boards for a bit, and then when I am full of shame I leave again. See, this is where the editor would help me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2007, 12:35:35 am »

Kurtz, to use the lexicon, is as such those who pick up the penis between pulls.

To use Jerkcity lingo: "HOMPH HORPMPH GROMPH DONUT BUS COMIN THRU BEEP BEEP"
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2007, 01:08:20 am »

me too. I am trying a thing lately where... sometimes I type up a big ol' reply, and then I read over it. And then I delete it. Because 90% of the time, my responses are "oh man, that reminds me of (something that isn't really related)"

Posting the boards is like playing tasteful blues guitar:  it's all about the posts you don't make.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2007, 01:31:27 am »

Quote
Posting the boards is like playing tasteful blues guitar:  it's all about the posts you don't make.

Wow. I think I just got a little better at guitar, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2007, 01:41:38 am »

Posting the boards is like playing tasteful blues guitar:  it's all about the posts you don't make.

It's clear to everyone that I don't get this concept, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2007, 02:44:35 am »

lol Felipe.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2007, 02:56:35 am »

womb@, that is a very long and complicated story.

Suffice it to say that... part of the time, I am an office production assistant for a fairly well-established director where part of my job is to tend to some online things where I can type in the other tab and... part of the time, I was an assistant to a rich dude trying to make a movie about himself and... that job has kind of petered out and I'm trying to figure out a replacement.

And I type really fuck*ng fast. This is also part of it.

To explain the whole karmatornado of "How Littlefallsmets pays the rent" would involve a story long winded for even for me and maybe if I get three hours I will PM you this complicated tale of joy and woe.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:28 am »

I want to know what you do for a living, LFM, aside from vaguely being in the entertainment business, that you have so much time to post on a messageboard at work. I may be looking to change careers again and I know I don't want Nabu's job where I have to go to a cold dark place for months on end. 


I want Nabu's job specifically for that reason. He refuses to tell me how to get into that business.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:08 am »

Kurtz, to use the lexicon, is as such those who pick up the penis between pulls.

To use Jerkcity lingo: "HOMPH HORPMPH GROMPH DONUT BUS COMIN THRU BEEP BEEP"

Now, see, I wanna know what these people think of Jerkcity. That's definitely an example of a strip where you laugh because it's just supremely bizarre.

Also, I bet Kurtz is the kind of guy who is medically required to use a trackball.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2007, 03:32:35 am »

Now, see, I wanna know what these people think of Jerkcity. That's definitely an example of a strip where you laugh because it's just supremely bizarre.

Good call.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2007, 04:20:33 am »

let me ask you something: what is making sense?
Heh, thats how far I made it into the podcast before I had to stop.  What a bunch of pretentious douchebags.

And anyway, balls on a cellphone are funny.
"Solo, by ChatSack with Carl Lagerfeld" is the only signed strip I own.  Nuts on a phone; that is goddamn Genius.  The best thing you can hope to happen in a PvP strip is that one of the characters may be mauled by a panda.

Yeah, I actually wasn't all that aware we were hip. QC is hip (or about hipster music, at least). We're weirdos; the paste-eaters and computer programmers of webcomic fans.
Its so much hipper to not like achewood; thats why these guys are so down on it.  Listen to all the long pauses while they try to think of the reasons they aren't fans.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2007, 06:58:35 am »

So, after mulling it... I haven't even bothered to listen to the podcast.  No need.   I've read the rants on PVP.   The dudes a blowhard at best.

I used to read PVP, and I've read all of the Achewoods out there... there's a pair of panels that keep coming back to me.   Beef, sitting on the couch, thinking about cashews.

Beef is more expressive, and Onstad understands more about how some of us live and think in those two panels, than anything I've read in PVP.   

Not to make this a great big case of "Us v. Them" but really...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:24:53 pm by smick »
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:32 am »

Wow, I got through about two minutes of this before I had to close it. This show has an audience?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2007, 07:52:35 am »

Wow, I got through about two minutes of this before I had to close it. This show has an audience?

That audience was us. ohhhhh shiiiiiit
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2007, 11:28:17 am »

I'm... writing on a message board, man. I am typing and then quickly hitting the "post" button because I am writing from work and doing work-type things as I jump on and off of this board and the internet in general. If I was writing for something professional, I would definitely be editing more thoroughly. Also, if this were professional, I'd be getting paid.

You keep letting Nabu bust your balls he's gonna think you are his bitch.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up