Glad to hear the sick people are doing better, but I wouldn't have minded a good IV horror story.
How 'bout two?
1) My first IV. I'm not clear on a lot of the details, but when I was 16 or so I got really sick - like "Gee, maybe you have cancer" sick. Many horrible tests ensued. At one point I was at a hospital and they had to hook me to an IV that filled me with some sort of... something... that then became visible when I drank this other horrible liquid. Whatever was in the IV burned like fire, and I had to sit in the hallway of this hospital, freezing cold in my hospital gown, with fire liquid getting pumped into me. After about 45 minutes of this, the doctor came and made me drink something that tasted like metal. Then I lay on a table while an enormous... thing that looked like a steam press about 3 X 6 ft was lowered down toward me by a technician in another room. I was supposed to lie still, but the press thing had to be lowered down so close to me that it really felt like I was going to be flattened. It was scary.
2) With what turned out to be food poisoning, I had it coming out of both ends for over two weeks to the point where I couldn't possibly keep even water down. I ended up admitted and hooked up to saline to rehydrate, but I was so out of it I was unaware of what the nurse was doing. I vaguely remember a nurse apologysing to me over and over, then another nurse taking over. Apparently she fucked up the IV pretty bad because my SO arrived to find my sheet, my hospital gown and a bit of my bed covered in blood.