Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews  (Read 5880 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« on: March 22, 2007, 03:08:48 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:10:53 am »

Ron is clearly a douche for not participating much.

I mean, it's his job.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13:15 am »

I don't know, a DVD from more than 15 years before they were invented would interest me just a bit, I think.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:54 am »

I love the little UNRELEASED label. That cracks me the hell up.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:21:44 am »

The plot is advancing. With a comic that makes me laugh 75-80% of the time, I will definitely take a strip that isn't big on the laughs but moves the plot toward bigger laughs. I will take it happily.

The covers of the fake DVDs are... interesting if not exactly funny.

The alt-text gave me a decent chuckle.

Considering it was free, a decent chuckle is pretty good.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:24:14 am »

The plot is advancing. With a comic that makes me laugh 75-80% of the time, I will definitely take a strip that isn't big on the laughs but moves the plot toward bigger laughs. I will take it happily.

The covers of the fake DVDs are... interesting if not exactly funny.

The alt-text gave me a decent chuckle.

Considering it was free, a decent chuckle is pretty good.

Totally agree about the alt-text. Before I read I kind of noticed that Ron's name seemed a little smaller but it didn't totally register.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 03:37:09 am »

Why is Pat being so agreeable? Maybe next strip he'll start being anal and try to take over.

Edit: Also, I like the picture of Whimsington.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:52 am »

Funniest detail about this strip for me: the fact that the porn actors are identified only by exceedingly common first name, as if all gay porn aficionados were just on a casual, first-name basis with these guys.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 03:44:05 am »

Pat is agreeable because he smells money.

Also, because he will be flush in jack-off films as a side effect of the money.

Everyone wins. Pat's greedy side AND his gay side.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

Some old British lady's going to rent these and have a heart attack when she pops them in the DVD player. 
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 04:01:46 am »

Yeah, if someone slapped down a DVD with what looks like Walt Whitman's doppleganger on the cover, my interest would be peaked, AND I would probably think it was gay porn. 18th

I mean, I wonder if Ray discovered WW was gay, and went back in time to create fake covers for Leaves of Grass?



I mean, that just screams "Dang, I never thought it would be like this! A guy is rocking my can!" 
Ray needs to cover for those confused or ashamed 18th century Pats.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:03 am »

What would a fake cover for Leaves of Grass even look like? A book with no title and a lithograph of a square inside a circle?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 04:59:18 am »

I have no idea whether this strip is funny or not (which would tend to indicate that it isn't...)  but DANG, Onstad may be on to a good business plan here. 

Also, it makes me wonder about all those movies I can't imagine anybody renting at the Video Vault.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:17 am »

I don't know about "getting" the strip, but the humor I find comes from the arbitrariness of the labels and titles on these things.  It seems very Python-esque.  Just select something that seems obscurely respectable and stick a little gay porn inside, and voila!  Instant nonsense!

However, if he IS specifically trying to make fun of something, my guess is the way that a lot of popular movies these days like to add to their labels things like "Unrated Version" and "1100 never before seen special features and commentary with the head gaffer" and such things as if to suggest that these things actually make the movie better, let alone worth paying anything to watch.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:21 am »

Pat is agreeable because he smells money.

Pat is agreeable because he is still embarrassed by his gayness and somewhat timid therefore.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up