Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews  (Read 5862 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:49:34 pm »

I have no idea whether this strip is funny or not

Any strip that leads to discussing fake pornographic covers of Leaves of Grass has my Ok...

But what I wanted to say is... my God Onstad is a visual genius (I'm not fandrooling here [I just made that up], this is a distanced and reasoned evaluation) Last strip, when they show the first DVD cover with the dog, I couldn't... I mean I really couldn't even stare too long at it to try and get the joke, it was so painstakingly lame... the dog with that vague 70's cartoony feeling, that was a masterstroke, I was already in the "no-care" zone right there. Ve-ry good...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:39:15 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 12:49:55 pm »

I don't know, a DVD from more than 15 years before they were invented would interest me just a bit, I think.

Oooh, good point.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 01:18:40 pm »

Some old British lady's Cornelius is going to rent these and have a heart attack when she be slightly bewildered and amused when he pops them in the DVD player. 
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc Benway

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • That's right Stouffer, you help!
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 05:02:32 pm »


I suspect Cornelius would have to fight against the urge to close caption it
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 05:28:46 pm »

But it's already double subtitled.
Logged
~

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 06:17:58 pm »

I originally mis-read the note on the DVD label as: "WARNING: STEVE, ANDY, Ron"

It made me wonder if they weren't part of some obscure pr0n rating system.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 06:29:23 pm »

If I had little trophies to spare and could send them out to the internet, you would win the little trophy for Scariest User Icon, hammish. Welcome aboard. This talent is not unappreciated.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 07:01:24 pm »

If I had little trophies to spare and could send them out to the internet, you would win the little trophy for Scariest User Icon, hammish. Welcome aboard. This talent is not unappreciated.

If we ever have a 2006 Touambies, he'd win the 2007 ones.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 07:28:37 pm »

Indeed, that is frightening.

Also, what is with that HOT PICK thing -- is it a tag sticking up off the top?  I have never seen a tape with something like that.
Logged
~

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 08:47:38 pm »

Canned by proxy for LFM
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 08:51:18 pm »

a lot of popular movies these days like to add to their labels things like "Unrated Version" and "1100 never before seen special features and commentary with the head gaffer" and such things as if to suggest that these things actually make the movie better, let alone worth paying anything to watch.

Let alone, buy again after having dropped a chunk of change 4 years previously on the same title.  They should consider upgrade fees somehow.  And not going in and having Greedo fire first, hence changing the essential personality of a central character. [/bitter]
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:44 pm »

Hey, it actually works!  At least, in the sense that I accidentally read "Whimsington Stroke" for "Whimsington Storke." 

The alt text and the last panel made me crack up.  I wonder if Belforan Mews comes in a box-set (also, what's actually inside it?  Guy-on-hoss?  Guy-on-hoss-on-busboy?  Guy-on-hoss in the sense of a dude just riding around on a hoss, having a grand old time?).
Logged
um

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »

Under the right conditions, Id watch a movie about whimsical storkes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 10:52:33 pm »

If we ever have a 2006 Touambies, he'd win the 2007 ones.

Many thanks. Long-time reader / first-time poster etc... Were I to win such an award, I'd blush profusely and donate all proceeds to PAWS (from Anon Y. Mous, in thanks to STEVE, ANDY (ron)).
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 10:57:27 pm »

It was my understanding that the 2006 Touambies were cancelled in the aftermath of the Great Outdoor Fight, like the 1946 World Cup.  Or perhaps John T. Brush raised objections about the way nominations were handled the year before.  We could have a ceremony this summer, like the Intercalated Olympics, assuming people are bored enough.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up