Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird Russian link  (Read 1910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
weird Russian link
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:35:02 am »

So, probably some of you folks have seen this (because I found it on MetaFilter), but I thought I would put it here because it was just really creepy to me:

What the kids in Russia get to play on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13:21 pm »

About the third one down there's sort of a Teletubby-looking thing.  And I can tell you that what's written on its belly in Cyrillic is, in fact, "Po."  So they got that at least partway right.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:10:33 pm »

Harsh weather undoubtedly contributes, but there seems to be plenty of the Tragedy of the Commons evident in those pics.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:48:46 pm »

Harsh weather undoubtedly contributes, but there seems to be plenty of the Tragedy of the Commons evident in those pics.

Can for the economics term.

Did you see the canned herring in the bottom of the page? What the hell is that?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:14:43 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:04:48 pm »

The creepy old man seems inappropriated for the park, especially with his legs so splayed.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:42:10 pm »

Did you see the canned herring in the bottom of the page? What the hell is that?

Apparently its what happens when you get salmon heads mixed in with your herring parts



Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 11:35:20 pm »

I'll confess: I would have loved these playgrounds as a kid. Back when I had an overactive imagination, I pretty much pictured all my playgrounds as weird fantasy forests or strange post-apocalyptic societies or Ice Planet Alpha and such anyway, so this could only have helped.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 01:40:52 am »

The image of Lucifer holding his **** in a box is priceless. He has a coy expression on his face.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: weird Russian link
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 08:41:03 am »

Quote from: Justin Timberlake
Russian playgrounds: a **** in a box.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up