Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?  (Read 4600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 02:05:06 am »

oh wait you guys are talking about them doing this at pitchfork rather then them doing this at the atp don't look back show

WELL THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE

THAT WOOD BE IN KEEPING W/ OUR MOSTLY LIVING IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHEARE

FIGN
Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 02:09:09 am »

also in this series slint

EAT A DICK.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, july?
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 06:30:23 am »

Jough, Amanda, Dan and Julia + a bunch of killer bands.  Man, that might be worth a drive.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 06:43:36 am »

The best part will be when you are never able to see them all in the same place at the same time, are constantly just miss each other coming or going from your presence and all suspiciously look like Chris Onstad just in different shirts that say "Jough" or "Amanda" or so on, on them.

Do you call him/them on it or do you play along, in case he/they have a gun?

Adventure!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 08:44:20 am »

yeah, um, Spiderland is one of my 2 favorite albums of all time.
but driving to new york would probably be harder. since it's hard to drive there?

I don't even know. right now my plan is to go there with a guy I barely know. Who I've only met once in real life.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 04:53:35 pm »

yeah, um, Spiderland is one of my 2 favorite albums of all time.
but driving to new york would probably be harder. since it's hard to drive there?

I don't even know. right now my plan is to go there with a guy I barely know. Who I've only met once in real life.

That sounds like a recipe for adventure if ever there was one!
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »

yeah, um, Spiderland is one of my 2 favorite albums of all time.
but driving to new york would probably be harder. since it's hard to drive there?

I don't even know. right now my plan is to go there with a guy I barely know. Who I've only met once in real life.

DON'T DO IT!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 07:32:15 pm »

it'll be probably more of an adventure in a "hey dude, do you mind if I snort coke in your backseat? I won't spill any." variety.

or the "hey man, um, I kind of fucked this girl? In her parent's bed? Don't ask how I got there. We might want to run, her dad has a shot... gun. HEY! We should write a song about this!"

He is basically the most purely rock-and-roll human being in existence. The ladies swoon for him, the drugs barely phase him, the foster-parents kick him out... and his idiosyncratic sense of melody on the guitar makes me want to kill myself with jealousy.

Also: my friend Tim might want to go. I couldn't really tell which way he was leaning.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 08:26:35 pm »

I have a strict rule about this with friends.

"If you are doing cocaine, we are not hanging out."

Not like I'll totally break contact, I'll talk to them on the phone or e-mail or whatever.

But coke for any extended period of time will simply fuck you up. No if, just when.

It probably sounds cruel or closed-minded but it is just the sensible thing to do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 09:20:44 pm »

actually, now that I think about it he is more of a weed/prescription painkillers man than anything else. That was just the example that popped into my head.

plus, the chance to say "I won't spill any."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 02:44:48 am »

actually, now that I think about it he is more of a weed/prescription painkillers man than anything else. That was just the example that popped into my head.

plus, the chance to say "I won't spill any."

Somebody doing big-time coke on a road trip will basically ruin it. Trust me. Smoking weed on a road trip won't be a big deal. Scrips? Depends on the particular drug. No on the coke/acid/shrooms/crank on the road trips, though. Ether can be a problem, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 07:34:39 am »

That was the road trip to end all road trips and all of those drugs were involved, except crank.


scrips just made me spend 3 minutes typing this post.


And yeah, one time I did coke for 20ish hours on a like 22 hour drive.

I felt like I was going to die and that my spine was broken.  Our heads held together until we stopped though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 02:38:31 pm »

What I should have said is that sort of thing is best left to the professionals. If you aren't down with it, don't get in the car. Having one person in that space and one person not in that space is unlikely to work well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 10:02:57 pm »

Yes, yes, couldn't agree more.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daydream Nation-- chicago, june?
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 10:07:04 pm »

Yes, yes, couldn't agree more.

You know, Keith, I think we would get along well together - at least until we burst into flames.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up