Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!  (Read 8644 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 06:25:45 pm »

Have I already talked about how much I fuck*ng love that Liberace avatar?? Damn. I crack up every time I see it.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 06:46:04 pm »

Have I already talked about how much I fuck*ng love that Liberace avatar?? Damn. I crack up every time I see it.

Yeah, that is really primo.  Liberace is fun.  Order your beach towels now!

Hans Island was the only one on the chopping block.  But these guys were too busy looking sexy in their well fitted blue jeans.  You'd think that would be the sort of distraction that would cause us to lose, but somehow we perservered.

So back to the topic at hand... What is reference to "a nearby town" clearly it's an excuse/cover, but I don't really get it... does Pat have some dark secret that's going to be revealed, like he reads to Orphans or something?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 07:04:33 pm »

I just assumed it was an "I'm sorry, but I have to rotate my tires that night / I have to wash my hair / my cat just exploded / I'm planning to have the flu that weekend" bullshit excuse, and I assume that's how Ray took it, too. Just wait; he'll have actually gone to a lecture series in a nearby town...
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 07:06:34 pm »

I stand by my belief that he is slipping away to spend some quality time with his pornography. But a small part of me will remain ever hopeful that we will one day see Pat reading to children.

(Once they've filled in the appropriate application forms, obviously.)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 07:31:34 pm »

So after more than once person comments how awesome his avatar is, dude cold changes it - instantly.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 08:08:14 pm »

Wouldn't want to appeal to the masses, now would he?  ;D

Also, if pat is indeed sneaking away with a dvd he took out of the case, it is the most square dvd I have ever seen, even though it should be the most obvious reason for his hasty departure.
Logged
~

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 09:15:55 pm »

/edit: subtle hint gotten, Liberace is out, raygun is in for now.

I wasn't being sarcastic!! Why'd you change it? :(
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 10:14:28 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't kidding either.  I spent some quality time looking at fun photos of Liberace after that last post...  Oh well.  Remember Duck Hunt?  I heard a rumour that it's coming out as a Wii game.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 10:15:53 pm »

People! Stop changing your avatars! Can I not have some certainty in this life!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2007, 10:22:58 pm »

Quote
Remember Duck Hunt?  I heard a rumour that it's coming out as a Wii game.

Also: Katamari Damacy.

It is all over for me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 08:23:05 am »

Also: Katamari Damacy.

It is all over for me.

WHAAAAT?????

Katamari Damacy, the funnest game of all time...is going to come out as a Wii game??

Fuck yes. I'm hocking a kidney on eBay to finance a Wii posthaste. Awesome.
Logged

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 10:31:37 am »

EDIT: Text removed on account of it was retarded and I was drunk.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:25:55 pm by Teatime »
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 04:09:32 pm »

WHAAAAT?????

Katamari Damacy, the funnest game of all time...is going to come out as a Wii game??

Fuck yes. I'm hocking a kidney on eBay to finance a Wii posthaste. Awesome.

I have never wanted to play this game because the name sounds to me like Calamari Democracy, and I imagine it involves mostly setting up free and fair elections for squid.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 04:18:24 pm »

Or worse, it would be like the best tasting squid ever, rumoured to be let out for public consumption for fifteen years and... every once in a while, someone claims to taste a little and says it is AMAZING but those claims are quickly debunked and... pretty soon, no matter how tasty it turns out to be, it will not live up to the expectations at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up