Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.  (Read 18383 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2007, 12:11:36 am »

Jink Secret?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2007, 12:41:37 am »

Jink Secret?

Congratulations, sir, you've won the thread. Enjoy your tiny can of Dr. Pepper.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 01:29:20 am »

It's Junt.

I'm kind of a dick, I make stupid jokes sometimes, I leave here periodically but I come back, I'm madly in love with all the people on this forum whether they like it or not, and I work in AK seems like most of the time. If you drive a car, thank me, fucker.

It's been getting really, really shitty here recently, and I don't need shittiness in my imaginary secret internet life as I get enough of it in my regular life where I have to do three people's jobs and people I love get cancer. Would you fuck*ng people not be dicks to each other and also not fight your personal battles on my fun internet place? Can you do that? Why don't you leave your house and make a nice protest out in your downtown where it will actually help? Huh???
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 02:12:27 am »

Panopticon, I gotta give a shout out to the Fouc*ult allusion (Michel, that is) in your handle! 

I am Linnea's twin.  I am an English teacher (right now I'm teaching 6th grade English and Social Studies).  I'm finishing up my MEd.  I live in Denver, CO.  I love cycling, and have a suh-weet hybrid bike.  I sometimes commute to work (11 miles each way) via bike.  I have an awesome boyfriend of 4 years.  We met in a tuberculosis lab where we both used to work.  He teaches HS reg & AP biology.  He and I are a nerd match in heaven, we share a love of cats, science & literature (and other assorted stuff).  I am obsessed with Marcel Proust.  I love to homebrew beer, especially fuerte Belgians.  I am insanely jealous of my awesome twin's mad skeelz in the firefighting and EMT work.  Damn that is some unadulterated coolness. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 02:14:46 am »

Panopticon, I gotta give a shout out to the Fouc*ult allusion (Michel, that is) in your handle! 

I am Linnea's twin.  I am an English teacher (right now I'm teaching 6th grade English and Social Studies).  I'm finishing up my MEd.  I live in Denver, CO.  I love cycling, and have a suh-weet hybrid bike.  I sometimes commute to work (11 miles each way) via bike.  I have an awesome boyfriend of 4 years.  We met in a tuberculosis lab where we both used to work.  He teaches HS reg & AP biology.  He and I are a nerd match in heaven, we share a love of cats, science & literature (and other assorted stuff).  I am obsessed with Marcel Proust.  I love to homebrew beer, especially fuerte Belgians.  I am insanely jealous of my awesome twin's mad skeelz in the firefighting and EMT work.  Damn that is some unadulterated coolness. 

I totally thought you were like an imaginary friend.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 03:01:48 am »


It's been getting really, really shitty here recently, and I don't need shittiness in my imaginary secret internet life as I get enough of it in my regular life

Hear, hear.

And sorry to hear about the shittiness. Also, I hate driving a car - can I blame you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2007, 03:55:05 am »

Would you people please stop calling this guy "Pan"? I'm starting to envision him as a little fellow with goat legs and horns who spends all day skipping around playing a flute. I'm sure the Navy doesn't approve of such behavior.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2007, 03:56:03 am »

Hear, hear.

And sorry to hear about the shittiness. Also, I hate driving a car - can I blame you?

Grimy bum infested subway cars run on petro too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:04 am »

RuuuuuuuuuuuuFF-I-OH!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2007, 04:48:35 am »

RuuuuuuuuuuuuFF-I-OH!

No.... as much as I enjoyed that movie just... no.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2007, 04:59:08 am »

Ruff-i... no?

(to be read as "Risotto?")
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2007, 11:32:32 am »

I just realised I made a shockingly bad joke without even doing the introduction bit. How shockingly rude.

I'm Mark. I'm in the first year of my English degree, so I basically spend my time sitting around reading some of the most awesome works of literature ever and pretending that I'm working really hard. This is probably a large part of why I'm almost irritatingly happy just about all the time. My university terms being obscenely short, I spend about half the year at home in West Yorkshire and half in Cambridge; if I lash out with pent-up rage at any point it's probably because I've been exiled to the south too long. On the rare occasions that I am neither reading things nor writing other, far less worthy things, I could really be doing anything. I'm much better at flitting than I am at hobbies. Though most likely I'll just be putting the kettle on.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:08 am »

Grimy bum infested subway cars run on petro too.

Do not!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2007, 01:16:31 pm »

That's two, Keith.  I got my finger hoverin' over the button marked BANNATION.  Just fuck*ng try me, hotshot. 

Seriously, is it all that hard to just stop being a dick to strangers on the internet?

Break the internet + relative anonymity = complete dick cycle, dude.  You can do it.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2007, 05:08:19 pm »

Hear, hear.

And sorry to hear about the shittiness. Also, I hate driving a car - can I blame you?

I got broad shoulders - blame me for anything you want.

Would you people please stop calling this guy "Pan"? I'm starting to envision him as a little fellow with goat legs and horns who spends all day skipping around playing a flute. I'm sure the Navy doesn't approve of such behavior.

Hey, it's Torgo!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up