Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.  (Read 18387 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2007, 05:09:21 pm »

"I... deliver... PIZZAS... for the Master."

"You... forgot your... CRAZY... bread."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2007, 06:37:07 pm »

Do not!

Sadly, they do.  Oh sure, electricity spins the wheels on the subway, but fossil fuel powers the turbines - at least mostly.  On your coast, its probably even coal.  We burn a lot of natural gas out here, which despite being considerably cleaner - if costly - is still returning millions of tons of sequestered CO2 to the atmosphere.  Folks rhapsodizing over electric cars tend to forget that as well - they're  not cleaner - they're just generating more pollution from point sources in someone else's (poorer) neighborhood.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2007, 06:48:57 pm »

Sadly, they do.  Oh sure, electricity spins the wheels on the subway, but fossil fuel powers the turbines - at least mostly.  On your coast, its probably even coal.  We burn a lot of natural gas out here, which despite being considerably cleaner - if costly - is still returning millions of tons of sequestered CO2 to the atmosphere.  Folks rhapsodizing over electric cars tend to forget that as well - they're  not cleaner - they're just generating more pollution from point sources in someone else's (poorer) neighborhood.

Word. Until we find a way to boil the oceans with geothermal heat, were gonna need to burn something and most things make CO2 when they combust.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2007, 06:52:28 pm »

My name rhymes with a certain part of the female anatomy.

Throatwobble Mangina?

I just realised I made a shockingly bad joke without even doing the introduction bit. How shockingly rude.

Same here.
Well then… my name is Rogério, which is Portuguese for Roger (don't try to pronounce that, either). I'm 32, I live in São Paulo, Brazil with wife and pets, where I work with motion graphics design. Which means that I not only choose fonts for a living, but I also make them move around your TV screen.

I'm not a frequent poster, but once I was nominated for the Most Disturbing Avatar award at the first, and so far the only TOUAMBIES Awards. Not for the current, rather friendly-looking Comedian Fry – back then I used to sport the Polish version of the ALIEN movie poster. It looked great with a mustache.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2007, 08:36:15 pm »

I'm not a frequent poster, but once I was nominated for the Most Disturbing Avatar award at the first, and so far the only TOUAMBIES Awards. Not for the current, rather friendly-looking Comedian Fry – back then I used to sport the Polish version of the ALIEN movie poster. It looked great with a mustache.

That's a french fry? It looks Twinky-ish.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2007, 08:48:55 pm »

You don't spend enough time browsing the frozen french fry products in the supermarket, Cort.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2007, 08:56:01 pm »

Well then… my name is Rogério, which is Portuguese for Roger (don't try to pronounce that, either). I'm 32, I live in São Paulo, Brazil with wife and pets, where I work with motion graphics design. Which means that I not only choose fonts for a living, but I also make them move around your TV screen.

What?!  I had no idea Roger.  Your cool quotient just went up by 25%.

Also, we've got those "Smiles" fries here too, so I knew what it was right away too.  See Cort, doesn't the ketchup make more sense now?  I've never had them, and something about the idea of eating them is a little disturbing, even with out ketchup blood.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2007, 09:18:03 pm »

Thanks side_show. It feels cooler here already.

I can't help but think whoever invented these Smiles fries was a sadistic bastard. They're not even as good as regular fries, being made of some kind of molded potato paste. But when I eat them I try to deal with each one in one big bite, just to avoid the sight of a face with half its head chopped off… still smiling at me.

[edited for extra rant]
I mean, seriously, it's not like children need an extra encouragement to eat fries.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:35:07 pm by Roger »
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2007, 09:24:39 pm »

Thanks side_show. It feels cooler here already.

I can't help but think whoever invented these Smiles fries was a sadistic bastard. They're not even as good as regular fries, being made of some kind of molded potato paste. But when I eat them I try to deal with each one in one big bite, just to avoid the sight of a face with half its head chopped off… still smiling at me.

That's the whole reason I like eating them in more than one bite. :) It's also the reason I enjoy eating Peeps, my favorite preparation being Peeps Brulee. Everything about Peeps Brulee is deeply satisfying: from threading them on the skewers, to holding them over the open flame and watching their little eyes bubble and melt, to biting off their little heads.

Easter approaches.

*glee*
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2007, 09:28:44 pm »

It's even more fun to just throw a Peep into the barbeque coals and watch till it vanishes into ash. There is no Peep left to eat at the end, of course, but it has always seemed to me that that was an advantage.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:47 pm »

What?!  I had no idea Roger.  Your cool quotient just went up by 25%.

Also, we've got those "Smiles" fries here too, so I knew what it was right away too.  See Cort, doesn't the ketchup make more sense now?  I've never had them, and something about the idea of eating them is a little disturbing, even with out ketchup blood.

I actually thought it was some kind of cake device, possibly with raspberry sauce. I've never been a big potato-man to begin with, and frozen fries usually taste only marginally better than their packaging so I generally avoid the the frozen potato region of the local megamart.

Although I will say that whatever counter-service establishment to first create "our specially seasoned fries" by adding Old Bay deserves a freaking medal. That is awesome.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2007, 02:38:43 am »

"I... deliver... PIZZAS... for the Master."

"You... forgot your... CRAZY... bread."

My wife and I laughed until we wept, my friend.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2007, 03:41:51 am »

That's a french fry? It looks Twinky-ish.

I thought it was a sponge.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:08 am »

My wife and I laughed until we wept, my friend.

I don't get the reference. Is it a reference to a SNL skit or something?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tippings of hats and shakings of hands.
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2007, 06:16:41 am »

Torgo is a character in the movie "Manos, the Hands of Fate".

He is a... possibly retarded satyr-man who speaks in a stilted voice and guards an abandoned farmhouse for an immortal Satanist who mostly hibernates in the basement with his harem... because whenever the harem is awake, instead of awesome orgies, they argue over which lady is the leader of the harem. Torgo is jealous and figures he deserves one of those ladies, at least.

We only know he is possibly a satyr-man because, through his #####, his knees look all WEIRD.

After this movie was parodied on MST3K, they loved the character so much that he would occasionally recur in the host segments, being played by Mike Nelson, as though he had been fired by the Satanist and was now the world's most incompetent pizza delivery-man.

Mostly due to the fact of how slowly he talked.

It is a lot funnier when it isn't explained out like this. I'm pretty wacked out on sleep-aid, to be honest.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up