Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!  (Read 7506 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:52:56 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03262007

Theres a rugby cheer that goes like this but it is not for the virgin ears of this board.

Look, internet friends, I am comfortable with my sexuality and all but what is with the obsession with man parts lately? First there is the man douche now there is the man porn. I think he miscalculated this move what with having a gay porn arc right after that bashing on the podcast and mention in mainstream media.

Also, the little fella is so cute when he's mad.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:03:34 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:01:33 am »

Oh, the rabbit footy pajamas. Exquisite.
 

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:18:20 am »

Quote
Look, internet friends, I am comfortable with my sexuality and all but what is with the obsession with man parts lately?

Lately?

Good sir, I direct your attention this arc as merely one example of Onstad's obsession with man parts. Applesauce! Cranberry!

Anyway, I'm loving this arc. I especially love all the random shit that's on the coffee table, complete with a perfectly nice guitar just lying around.

Also lots of new art. Did Onstad hear that podcast calling him a bad artist? Is this his little "fuck you" to Scott Kurtz?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:19:47 am »

I wonder how the little fella mispronounced "potatoes". Even for the purposes of a child alive-stuffed-animal, it is a pretty easy word to pronounce... even if the pluralization issues might need to be tabled for a time closer to when he's actually ready to see two German men shit on each other.

I mean, "potatoes". It's probably one of the first three-syllable words a kid would learn.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of pretending that those aren't pajamas, that it's actually a cheesy Halloween costume of some superhero called "Rabbitman" and... he loves it so much that sometimes he just wears it around the house without the mask or capes.

Just the plastic smock-shirt (smirt? shick?) and ##### of a matching colour and the special Rabbitman Rabbitshoes that only come with the DELUXE costume and if you bang your feet hard, they make cobbering sounds.

Because, y'know, the cape is clumsy and the mask makes it hard to see and breathe.

Part of this imagining is that Rabbitman's logo is not actually the head of bunny rabbit but the smock just has a picture of Rabbitman saying "Trick or Treat!" on it. I mean, that's just kids' costumes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 02:26:42 am »

Speaking of attire this is one of those strips where I'm bewildered by the fact that Teodor appears to wear some kind of Elizabethan pantaloons, or something. I guess he's always dressed like that but I'll forget about his trousers for months on end and then notice them again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 02:27:41 am »

Honey, why is there toilet paper on the coffee table? What? No, a whole roll of it. Well I didn't put it there.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:33:14 am »

There are rolls of toilet paper all over our apartment.

My girlfriend blows her nose in toilet paper. We buy her Kleenex, even the fancy kind that provides aloe to soothe your snot as it slowly dies and everything and... those boxes always end up crushed under a desk or the couch or the bed. And we constantly run out of toilet paper before the rest of us expect it.

It's sort of like the child who likes the box the gift came in better than the gift.

Four or five crushed boxes of Kleenex scattered about the place and no toilet paper at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 02:55:32 am »

I like the fact that Philippe knows exactly what Superman would or would not wear in the shower. That's quality.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 02:56:59 am »

It is a trick question.

Superman bathes in lava floes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 03:48:51 am »

It is a trick question.

Superman bathes in lava floes.

No, that's Chuck Norris.

Sorry.  Really, I'm very very sorry.

also:

APPLESAUCE!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 04:04:58 am »

Anyway, I'm a big fan of pretending that those aren't pajamas, that it's actually a cheesy Halloween costume of some superhero called "Rabbitman" and... he loves it so much that sometimes he just wears it around the house without the mask or capes.

Just the plastic smock-shirt (smirt? shick?) and ****** of a matching colour and the special Rabbitman Rabbitshoes that only come with the DELUXE costume and if you bang your feet hard, they make cobbering sounds.

Jesus. That's exactly what I did when I was 7. (And 8. And 9. And 10.) I was Leader One from the Gobots. Only the mask looked like a generic Transformer and the only indication that I was L1 was that the costume manufacturer printed an image of that particular Gobot over the chest area. Eventually the costume fell apart. (hey, cheap plastic.) I didn't care, though, because by that time I had the cat costume to wear around for a couple of years. After that it? The Platypus.

Oh, and props to the stuffed otter for bringing the sass. Applesauce! indeed.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 04:29:56 am »

Four or five crushed boxes of Kleenex scattered about the place and no toilet paper at all.

You could always use the tissue as toilet paper if you're desperate.

Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:33 am »

I especially love all the random shit that's on the coffee table, complete with a perfectly nice guitar just lying around.

That's not just any guitar
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:58:02 am »

I wonder how the little fella mispronounced "potatoes". Even for the purposes of a child alive-stuffed-animal, it is a pretty easy word to pronounce...

I'm pretty sure the way Philippe's mind works, he pronounced it correctly and simply wants reassurance.

Look, internet friends, I am comfortable with my sexuality and all but what is with the obsession with man parts lately?

More like pretty much every Téodor appearance for the past year being a repressed-homosex gag.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 26 March 2007 - Is this the olympics? No! Its Superman!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 04:58:25 am »

See? Exactly. Just a random, completely historic guitar lying around. That's perfect.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up