Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Raisin bread  (Read 10966 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 10:31:27 pm »

Bagels are not a dessert. They are not a game. It is like beer. What the HELL, people?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 10:33:56 pm »

Chalk me up to the "muffins should have sweet flavors, bagels should have savory flavors, and never the twain shall meet" school of thought. A good onion bagel with plain cream cheese is heavenly, but once you start getting cinnamon and berries all up in their it goes to pot real, real fast.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:32:54 pm »

Chalk me up to the "muffins should have sweet flavors, bagels should have savory flavors, and never the twain shall meet" school of thought. A good onion bagel with plain cream cheese is heavenly, but once you start getting cinnamon and berries all up in their it goes to pot real, real fast.

Arguably, someone, somewhere, went to pot first, and that's where we got all these cinnamon and berry bagel creations.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 11:51:43 pm »

There is no jerking of chains going on.

I love an onion bagel with CUNT cream cheese... and, depending on the particular interpretation of "everything", oh MAN is an everything bagel with CUNT cream cheese good. Oh Lord. I picked this habit up at truck stop Dunkin Donuts and it is pretty much the best hangover food this side of a Tommy burger.

Or... that side, I guess. Ain't many Dunkins out here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 12:38:54 am »

I'm an everything bagel guy.  Sweet bagels do not do it for me.  Raisins are just all right with me.

Oh, and put some lox or salmon cream cheese on that everything bagel, if you please...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 12:41:02 am »

I like a whole wheat bagel with a half-serving of CUNT cream cheese. Becaust most bagel places put like 3/4 cup of cream cheese on your bagel for some reason.

Ooo, or a heart attack: a bagel with hot roast beef, provolone, and bacon with mayo. No lettuce or tomato.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 12:44:05 am »

Egg bagels, toasted, with butter. Or almond butter, if I need more protein.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 02:51:56 am »

I refuse to eat Raisin Bread ever since I chipped a tooth on a piece of it. fuck*ng terrible stuff, that.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:46 am »

Wait, you're saying you chipped a tooth on a raisin?

Maybe you should drink more milk or something...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 03:20:56 am »

We used to toast raisin bread and slather it with honey and peanut butter. Of course, it tastes better when you wish you were dead.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »

Of course, it tastes better when you wish you were dead.

Doesn't everything?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 02:51:30 pm »

Wait, you're saying you chipped a tooth on a raisin?

Maybe you should drink more milk or something...

there was some sort of Foreign Body in the bread, like gravel.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 02:52:45 pm »

there was some sort of Foreign Body in the bread, like gravel.

Oh.  OK then...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 09:48:55 pm »

You know, that sort of thing used to happen to me all the time when I was a young'in living with my folks.  It never happens now I'm all grown up and shopping for my own bread.  Either food quality has gotten better, or my mom used to drive around following overloaded bread trucks and snagging the stuff that fell in the ditch.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 04:38:10 am »

I love cinnamon-raisin bagels.  I can not abide the chocolate chip ones, and they tend to disguise themselves as each other on Bagel Mondays here at the office.  It means I have to view Bagels Which I Might Put Back from an uncomfortably close position, and so I kind of feel like I am unintentionally weirding out the people behind me in line.

I used to enjoy onion bagels, but I've recently developed a particular aversion to burned bits of dried onion.  So, no go there.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up