Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad Lyle (10-02-03)  (Read 7296 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle (10-02-03)
« on: October 02, 2003, 12:55:31 pm »

That poor audience. I know in some circles Carrot Top is refered to as He Who Must Not Be Named (or HWMNBN for short) but I can't imagine how bad Vegetable Brain must be for a whole act. Look how sad Lyle is!

And why is he still wearing his theifin' outfit? Where's the skull?

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:45:33 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 01:42:49 pm »

I love that the way to satirize Carrot Top is to make a joke that is not even close to funny (see Mr. Show's Blueberry Head: "It's a hat for a apple!").

Odds on Pat getting electrocuted again at this concert?

Phillipe is still in his Batman PJs too. maybe those are their anarchy uniforms?
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 02:14:14 pm »

Shooting doves is always cool.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 02:34:10 pm »

I love that Phillipe is just happy to be there.  Maybe he and Lyle will shake things up - I'd live to see Carrot Top JR violently whacked.  His Bunny like teeth really annoy me - but then I haven't had much sleep lately.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 03:19:46 pm »

I'm with PinkStainless.  I bet you a dollar that Pat gets electrocuted on stage and beats the fuck out of Veg Head.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 04:31:04 pm »

Mayhaps VH will use water for one of his "jokes" leaving a potentially deadly puddle on the stage.

When I saw the midget :) on the door it returned some of my hope for humanity. I was touched.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:45:46 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm with PinkStainless.


Actually I had to put a quarter in the Jeanne Dixon jar for my prediction. I never used to be the type to play "guess what happens next", but I've started doing it a lot recently. Must have something to do with being trapped under that ice and falling into that coma...
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 05:37:58 pm »

Lyle doesn't look sad to me so much as dismayed.  Teodor's got his sad on if I've ever seen one.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 07:24:02 pm »

i'm actually super-hyped about pat in concert, man. unless something goes wrong, this has to be awesome.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 08:03:06 pm »

The winning gag for me is just the survey of expressions: Lyle dismayed, Beef obviously bored to tears, Teodor disappointed... and then sweet little Philippe having the time of his life.

Were I a predicting-type person, I would bet on the re-un-niceifying of Pat. Violence against a pseudo-Top is only the icing on the cake.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 12:10:34 am »

I think together you have hit it on the head. Maybe it'll go down like this. Lyle can't take it anymore and rushes the stage to deal with Veg brain, who wets himself. Nice Pat stands in the puddle, touches the mike, gets blasted and reverts to The Pat We Know and Love. He attempts to beat Ray with the guitar. Roast Beef steps in and someone better call Dr Andretti and prep another AIBO. Or straighten out a paper clip.

Or something.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 01:07:49 am »

I dunno, it seems like sometimes the more we try to predict the shorter/more tangential the storyline. Remember looking for Santa? The giant condoms? Ray's soul? Subway wars?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 02:16:19 am »

He's right, you know.

I thought of that when I wrote it, along with the memories of these horrible threads where people complained because other people 'suggested' strips (I'm not suggesting here, for the record, I'm supposing...)

I kind of hope I didn't jinx this one, cause I Like it....apologies in advance if this storyline is truncated on my account....

I feel like Roast Beef at the party.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 03:57:06 am »

Well, to be fair, Subway Wars wasn't truncated that much -- it came to a fairly natural conclusion, IMHO. But yeah, the giant-condoms storyline (unless it gets picked up with Beef's next death) and the Santa Claus storyline met a sad, sad end.

If the blood is on our hands, I will cry.

:cry: <-- Like this.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 04:00:40 am »

Maybe the point of the truncated storyline is to allow you to play them out in your own head.  I kinda like the feeling of unfinished business they create.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up