Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad Lyle (10-02-03)  (Read 7285 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2003, 08:34:40 am »

warning, this logic spirals into oblivion:

I now understand that basis behind the decision to remove the official messageboard from contact with the creative process. Essentially, Achewood is funny in a way that is basic and direct. analyze it, and it becomes unfunny. As augustwest said, the truncated storylines are pleasing, but why this is true is an enigma. of course this post is highly analytical and therefore the epitome of hypocracy. Also I am drunk.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 12:50:22 pm »

I wasn't claiming that Onstad was cutting the stories off just because we were predicting, although if he did that once I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's more just Achewoods imitable style. He gets us all caught up in once story, or one aspect of a story, then boom, there's a whole new direction. Sometimes the old story line comes back later (Molly, Ray's fame/money) sometimes not. It's part of the fun of the strip.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 06:02:23 am »

Quote
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2003, 07:06:13 am »

Paul, I find your new avatar disturbing.  So much so that I'm contemplating deleting all of your posts and anyone's mention of you.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2003, 09:11:38 am »

That avatar is kind of...well....um....

It looks like...

geez....

Paul, is that someone's er, bunghole? It looks kind of like one. Which would be a weird avatar. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything.

Er....well...

I'd best be leaving.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2003, 03:43:16 pm »

I feel vaguely spiritually assaulted after looking at that avatar. If it's not an... er, bunghole, then what the heck is it? And why is it replacing a formerly decent avatar?

Anyway, I predict Nice Pat whacking Veg Brain over the head with his guitar, all El Kabong style. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2003, 04:54:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm contemplating deleting all of your posts and anyone's mention of you.


Really, 'cos that would sure save me a lot of work.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2003, 09:47:23 pm »

Did something happen behind the scenes here? I'm saddened. The parson has yet to bing his buggy around to tell me to start Shunning Paul, though. So what gives?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2003, 02:42:27 am »

I don't know - I was out all day.  I guess Paul removed his avatar himself, unless JLD did.  

Self-censorship is better because it means less work for me.

Remember, when it comes to admining a board I will do whatever is easiest on me.  So typing something like "DELETE FROM posts WHERE user='pmcd9';" is very very simple.

Adding a censor is also easy.  Having to police things is hard.

It is much easier to just block an IP address and be done with it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2003, 02:49:06 am »

I didn't do it.  I guess Paul did.  What gives?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2003, 03:09:16 am »

I missed all of this and now I'm curious as to what exactly I missed. I want to see the avatar. Also, what did the quasi-deleted post say?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 03:37:22 am »

Yeah, me too.  Of all days not to be hanging around like 16 year olds at the Kwik-E Mart.  Damn!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 03:52:29 am »

The avatar looked like a puckered asshole to me.  

I don't remember what his post said - nothing inflamatory or anything like that - I think he just deleted his own post in protest.

You can't expect to put up a bunghole avatar without someone saying something about it.  Not when you're replacing a creepy eye to do it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2003, 03:56:11 am »

What, you're the only one whose avatar can look like an asshole?

KIDDING!!!  Hey, I kid because I love, babe!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sad Lyle - Oct 2
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2003, 04:56:25 am »

I was too confused to even mention. Thought I'd just let it play out in it's own sordid little fashion and see what became...
Now however I'm just intrigued as to whether it was or not. I mean, maybe it was one of those bent elbow type things that looks like cleavage!?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up