Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Community  (Read 10315 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Community
« on: March 27, 2007, 02:58:15 am »

So in the past couple weeks I've heard a mention of Touambies and a chat room. What happened to these things? Is there enough cohesion to make these things happen again?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:19:36 am »

There's cohesiveness enough for anything to happen if only a member has sufficient interest and drive to take the lead on it.  Hint fuck*ng hint hint.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Community
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 03:31:49 am »

Periodically I am drunk enough to post on something like this. You know, like this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 03:53:13 am »

Oh yeah, now that I have a new system that works, I am so there.  I have a bottle of gin quietly waiting in a cupboard for that very day.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 04:26:16 am »

Periodically I am drunk enough to post on something like this. You know, like this.

What are you trying to say?  Are you saying I'm drunk?  Is that what you're saying?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Community
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:28:08 am »

What are you trying to say?  Are you saying I'm drunk?  Is that what you're saying?

I . . . can't remember what I was saying.


I love you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:32:34 am »

I . . . can't remember what I was saying.


I love you.

I love you too.

Also, I am drunk.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Community
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 04:54:15 am »

goddamn. All this drinking on a Monday night.

...I want to make a joke about getting ideas, but I don't really have any alcohol on hand unless I go ask the guys down the hall for some. And, you know, if you ask a guy for a beer...

I don't know where it goes from there. I guess you end up owing him a beer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Community
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 04:57:41 am »

goddamn. All this drinking on a Monday night.

...I want to make a joke about getting ideas, but I don't really have any alcohol on hand unless I go ask the guys down the hall for some. And, you know, if you ask a guy for a beer...

I don't know where it goes from there. I guess you end up owing him a beer.

I am stinking. It is time for bed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 05:03:34 am »

A-CAP, funny you should mention wanting to revive the TOUAMBies.  That was AlohaDawg's baby.  AlohaDawg isn't around very much anymore.  I hate to draw a comparison because I know AlohaDawg, i've posted alongside AlohaDawg.  A-CAP, you Sir are no AlohaDawg.  However, you are the new token right winger of the board so maybe it's appropriate for you to take the ball and run with this thing.

Wanna learn about the TOUAMBies?  look here.

Cheers!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Community
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:05:13 am »

I have secret pockets of Heineken Light in the fridge that only I know about.

That is pretty much how I get drunk.

I, too, love the idea of a not-too-serious awards show and would definitely approve of one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 12:28:20 pm »

Sometimes I miss the chat room.  Soon I am going to be at least half-unemployed and plan to waste a lot of time sitting in the backyard with the laptop and the wireless internet in the nice spring weather.

Didn't Bobby say the chat room still existed?  We just have to remember how to connect to it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Community
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:44:30 pm »

Didn't Bobby say the chat room still existed?  We just have to remember how to connect to it?

This sounds so much like a middlingly-obscure pop culture reference that my brain is trying to place it even though my rational mind is almost sure it isn't one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 12:53:45 pm »

Didn't Bobby say the chat room still existed?  We just have to remember how to connect to it?

This sounds so much like a middlingly-obscure pop culture reference that my brain is trying to place it even though my rational mind is almost sure it isn't one.

The chat room has been inside you the whole time! The feather was never really magic, it was always you!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 11:10:44 am »

The chat room has been inside you the whole time! The feather was never really magic, it was always you!

A can for doing the joke well before I got a chance to do it poorly.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up