Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Community  (Read 10314 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 03:04:33 am »

Who is the fuck*ng cock who stole my can? Dub?

From you?  Never.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 03:46:22 am »

WJOE?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 03:49:36 am »

irc...wait a minute. You don't wanna come in here anyway, it's a bunch of bleeding heart liberals anyway.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 07:18:07 am »

I miss tha sugah rain. (did i get that one right?)
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Community
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 07:50:14 am »

I miss tha sugah rain. (did i get that one right?)

GREAT BOARDING IS NOT A CRIME

THA SUGAH RAIN -- NEVAH FOHGET
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Community
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 11:41:52 am »

Well, at least we got an ironic thread title out of that little spat.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 05:04:31 pm »

Quote from: pmcd9
A-CAP, funny you should mention wanting to revive the TOUAMBies.  That was AlohaDawg's baby.  AlohaDawg isn't around very much anymore.  I hate to draw a comparison because I know AlohaDawg, i've posted alongside AlohaDawg.  A-CAP, you Sir are no AlohaDawg.  However, you are the new token right winger of the board so maybe it's appropriate for you to take the ball and run with this thing.

Wanna learn about the TOUAMBies?  look here.

Cheers!


No, really, it was uncalled for. Im serious. Whats the point in going out of your way to tell someone they are less than someone else? that even comparing them to the other person is an insult to a guy who isnt even involved in the conversation?

But dahlink, he didn't say you were less than AD, just that you are not him.  Being differentiated from AD is not a bad thing - AD, though a very valuable member of the board, is drastically opposite to the majority of the other members of this board in his politics (i.e. he was our token right winger), but he's busy raising his daughters and working his ass off, so he's not around much anymore.  In his post, Paul recognizes what some of us mod's and old-timey posters are already thinking - you are similar to, but not exactly like AD.  No one can replace AD- though we rarely agreed, he was a friend to us here, and when a new friend appears, we pause to remind ourselves that they are not replacements for those who are gone.  In a world where only strings of letters artfully arrange can differentiate one person from another, Paul is inviting you to "take the ball and run with this thing"  i.e. fill a little hole in our community (hey!  back on topic!  sort of!) that feels very empty now that AD's gone.  Being called a token anything on a message board community is sort of a good thing - it means you've successfully forged an identity in people's minds beyond the blah, blah, blah of type.  I'm the token Canadian.  No problem.  Paul and the rest of the people to come here to talk about cartoon cats and alive stuffed animals all seem to grasp pretty clearly that my identity reaches beyond that. 

But really, if you can't handle a gentle chide,  you better protect yourself by escaping now.  You are welcome here, your contrasting views are of value, are interesting, will likely spark good conversation, etc. but when you post something in opposition to what most of us are thinking, you'll need to be aware that both poking-fun and intellectual discourse may arise.  Don't takes things so seriously - we're here for the funny.

Back on topic:

I  got mIRC installed, and popped by #toumb, but no one was home.  But I know it's the middle of the day on a Thursday.  Is it time to announce another TOUAMBIE IRC event?  (I'm such a dork, I'm such a dork, I'm such a dork, dork, dork!.... hee hee!)  Perhaps a specific day and time?  Are most of us at our computers on Sundays or some other day?  What about a specific reason?  April Fools?  Or have a Mr. Munchy chocolate bunny eating event?  Or each come with a story related to being a Fool, and compete for boards biggest fool?  Or some better idea?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 05:43:14 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Community
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 12:41:55 pm »

A-CAP, grow some balls.  Whoever said to man-up above was right, man.  The level of faggotry around here has increased exponentially lately.

(I'm not talking to you, ladies - go about your business getting together having pillow fights and ripping each others' pajamas off - at least that's what you're all always doing whenever my thoughts turn boardward)

I think I'm done with IRC, at least for a while, but it's nice that all ya'll are getting together there again so you can taunt the bots and not type anything in the window for hours at a time.

COMMUNITY

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 03:11:16 pm »

And remember... you can't spell COMMUNITY without UNITY.

...or OMMU.

or IT.

or MUN.

You can spell it without thinking, though. if you practice enough. Just believe!

On chat rooms: When I'm online I typically have several chat windows open while I do other stuff, just to have people to talk to periodically as the mood strikes me. So a TOUAMB chat room would be treated the same way, at least in my case. I'd enjoy yapping with you guys in real time. Just point me in the right direction. Typically I'm online in the evenings. *shrug*
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 03:33:46 pm »

MoF, we are alike in this regard.   I connect to three different IRC networks, to do mostly what I do on this board.

Sit quietly, watch, and sternly judge.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30:41 pm »

MoF, we are alike in this regard.   I connect to three different IRC networks, to do mostly what I do on this board.

Sit quietly, watch, and sternly judge.
Ah-ha!  So that's what you're doing in your avatar pic.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 08:48:04 pm »

Heh. Almost. I prefer to sit quietly, watch, and giggle.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 01:10:28 am »

Ah-ha!  So that's what you're doing in your avatar pic.

Hah!  Yes... it's actually a live webcam.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2007, 01:36:19 am »

Hah!  Yes... it's actually a live webcam.
You have attained stillness.  Some Tibetan monks will be there shortly to announce your divinity.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Community
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2007, 11:43:22 am »

Try and get them in frame. That'd really be a moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up