Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Community  (Read 10277 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 01:07:55 pm »

Back on topic, from the IRC, Clotho, whoever you are, you are welcome here, please post if you will.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2007, 02:57:19 pm »

Back on topic, from the IRC, Clotho, whoever you are, you are welcome here, please post if you will.

I think he's a friend of Doc.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 07:15:44 am »

Indeed he is, nicely deduced. He's lurking around somewhere.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Clotho

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
  • Long-ish
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 01:11:02 pm »

Yes I'm still here :D

What happened to the channel?
Logged
You remind me of the babe.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 02:50:21 pm »

Quote
< mfarah> restarting the server

After that... only silence.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Community
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 05:16:57 pm »

After that... only silence.

We had a problem. The server will be up in a few days.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

Yes I'm still here :D

What happened to the channel?

Clotho!  You came!

Doc! From my chat with Clotho I now know you're from Brisbane, which I failed to realize before.  I was trying to tell Clotho about my two friends from Brisbane (who I met in Indonesia) when IRC cut out.  Long story short:  I have two wonderful friends from Brisbane, and together they made a great film called Chinese Take Away, which I highly recommend. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 07:17:07 am »

Coolies, I'll see if I can find it.
I meant to ask about the proportion of aussies at that thing. Being so close I had to figure there was more than a couple.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Community
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 12:30:40 pm »

The server may be down as long as Monday or Tuesday ET.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 03:57:50 pm »

At the same time, my free mIRC trial has expired.  Anyone have any suggestions about this - is it worth it to pay the $20 for the life time membership, or is there another option I should look into?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Community
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 06:58:14 pm »

There are many different IRC programmes, many of which are completely free.

I do not know where they are as... I stopped being one of those people who is ahead of the curve internet-technologically somewhere around the summer of 1997... but they are definitely out there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 08:59:47 pm »

There are many different IRC programmes, many of which are completely free.

I do not know where they are as... I stopped being one of those people who is ahead of the curve internet-technologically somewhere around the summer of 1997... but they are definitely out there.

I prefer Trillian because it's an all-in-one messaging center (IRC, AIM, ICQ, MSN messenger),. It's great.

mIRC is also great for a standalone IRC client.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 01:49:22 am »

I can't seem to get trillian to play nice with Bobby's irc channel so I use Chatzilla which is a plugin for any mozilla/firefox/netscape browser. If you're not using firefox... do. Seriously.

In other news, mIRC has a free trial period? I thought that stuff was straight up free.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 02:05:29 am »

I actually paid for mIRC because Chatzilla stopped working for me when we were on the old channel.  But when we switched to Bobby's I happily went back.  Chatzilla seems more straightforward and I also find it easier to read - as I recall, there were many options but I could never get mIRC into a layout or font or whatever that I was happy with.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Community
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 05:41:15 am »

IRC is back, though the bots will be back tomorrow.

In better news, the new improved non-melted server doesn't disconnect  randomly so most third party IRC clients like Trillian should work.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up