Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"  (Read 13205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:15:01 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03272007

At least Pat was only half-lying. He is, after all, in a nearby town.

At first I thought Pat actually had a physical person named Steve in the room with him, then I got the joke.

I'm the new guy. Been reading Achewood for two years now. I didn't try to post first, it just sort of fell into my lap. God bless the baby angel in charge of days like today.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

nationwide

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:16:23 am »

So Ray was hoping to get off to Braveheart?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:16:48 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272007
Ok, Onstad, seriously bro, are you out there? This has gone on too long. Ray can not be gay. He is a homeboy.

Alternate title: When Pat Lays Down The Law
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:21:21 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:44 am »

Ray was going to get off to Braveheart, pass it on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:45 am »

    
27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« on: Today at 02:16:48 AM »
Ok, Onstad, seriously bro, are you out there? This has gone on too long. Ray can not be gay. He is a homeboy.

Alternate title: When Pat Lays Down The Law

F! And we even had the same title!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:48 am »

Hey, you won by a second.


Yeah, please don't let Ray be gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:50 am »

Actually, I was one second before you.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:50 am »

Just noticed: Onstad loves his logos (Super 8 Motel).

Also, this is kind of a character study; look at Pat and Ray in their infinite dichotomy: Pat at a cheap motel, having lied to his business partner's face, renting the rooms on both sides to avoid being overheard. And Ray, proudly ready to get off to "Braveheart" in the comfort and familiarity of his own home, and when he finds that it's actually gay porn, he just rolls with it. The two cats are polar opposites.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:35:28 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:31:36 am »

I was really hoping the title would be "Alright Steve, let's party."
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 07:34:46 am »

Yeah, please don't let Ray be gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.
I've long thought that Ray's exhibited a few, ahh, shall we say, "latent tendencies" on occasion. There was one strip in particular that had my Raygaydar going off on three or four separate points in just a few panels. I just need to remember which one...
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 07:39:09 am »

Ray doesn't have anything against gays, in fact, he's pretty open minded, once you get to know him.

That said, I think three hundred dollars is worth more to me than strangers knowing I masturbate, even if I were masturbating to a DVD for which I bought a bottle of rum.

In a nearby town.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 07:45:29 am »

I've long thought that Ray's exhibited a few, ahh, shall we say, "latent tendencies" on occasion. There was one strip in particular that had my Raygaydar going off on three or four separate points in just a few panels. I just need to remember which one...

This one, perchance?
I am not paying for the serializer strips just so I can link to the one with Ray in roller skates.


 EDIT: ...or this, even?  This goes back some way... knuckleheads since small times, indeed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:50:40 am by iron_felix »
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:32 am »

This one, perchance?
I am not paying for access to the serializer strips just so I can link to the one with Ray in roller skates.

naw, you can tell he's just totally messing with Beef there
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 07:51:45 am »

This one, perchance?
I am not paying for the serializer strips just so I can link to the one with Ray in roller skates.


 EDIT: ...or this, even?  This goes back some way... knuckleheads since small times, indeed.

No, it wasn't those ... I think it might have been the recent gay romance novel strip. Lemme go look at it again...

EDIT: Hmm, that one's not hitting me the same way now. I'll have to dig around some more...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:57:50 am by Charles Nelson Mandela »
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: 27 March 2007 - I need to see this a challenge
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 08:51:40 am »

Braveheart is basically Ray's go-to film. Given how new he is at the entire breast man thing, he might have recognized the rudeness of Mel Gibson's man-titties - which spend most of the movie on display - and made a logical leap too far.

As for him being determined to get off to Steve's Party to the point of regarding it as a challenge? It has nothing to do with gay or straight. Ray Smuckles: He gets things done. Getting things done is not always a blessing.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up