Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 28, 2007 -- sitting around watching gay porn like it was just a basic day!  (Read 7960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03282007

This one made me laugh out loud, hard, at every panel. Even if the arc ended here I would consider it a good arc.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I forgive Onstad for the gay porn arc. This is hilarious. Dudes back at my old school would watch porn like it was just a basic day and it went basically exactly like this, including the beers and witty commentary.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

I'm considering sending a link to every homophobe I know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

I almost started the thread with the title "I'm straighter than John Wayne voting for Reagan on a hoss". But your choice was my second best.

So there, for all of us who for a moment questioned Ray's heterosexuality.

Funny thing is that it's easy to see homosexual undertones in macho movies like "Braveheart". Ray, on the other hand, just looks for the "Braveheart" in gay porn.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I would'a gone with "like watchin' the moonwalk" because I am sort of in the "a subject line should suggest the strip indirectly" camp but... y'know... a strip like this, the on-the-nose approach works from a certain point of view.*

I never expected such a useful dissection of what's ridiculous about NASCAR in relation to two straight dudes watching gay porn but... then again... they feel the way about gay porn that I feel about NASCAR, so The Buddha would approve at the full-circleness of the whole affair.

NASCAR looks crazy and wrong to me but, what the hell, the crowd seems to love the shit out of it.

*I am being ironically over-analytical about analyzing the analysis of talking cartoon cats.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I was kind of hoping for "at least SOMEBODY'S havin' fun!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I just realized Ray was referring to the dance Moonwalk and not the walk on the moon. Originally I pictured Ray watching the moon landing thinking it was strange and wrong, then delighting in Armstrong's enjoyment of the moon.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile

Quote
at least SOMEBODY'S havin' fun!

Michael Jackson?
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog

I love how nonchalant Ray and Beef are in the last panel, both sittin' there bein' straight.

This reminds me of one of my male friends who is so secure in his straightness that he can forget that he's wearing a granny dress and fuzzy hat while watching Dreamgirls with two gay men and a lady.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

man. The guys on my floor are big fans of watching porn.

Also, for a while we were big on setting people's homepage on Firefox to a website that was just a video loop... of a guy getting nailed in the butt. up close. his member was swinging in a circle, and that song that goes like "you spin me right round, baby, right round--like a record baby..." played loudly.
after the first few times, we'd just sit there laughing and watching it. people competed to see how many spins they could count before they started laughing, &c.

so yeah.
They also love watching "Pirates," the highest-budgeted porn ever made. It is so bad. And also... I mean... the sex is so bad. It isn't something I can enjoy... I just laugh.
I also feel awkward when someone on the film does something, and guys go "oh my god! I can't believe they're doing that!" and I'm thinking "really? that's pretty vanilla. that is a basic porn move."

"I'M THE GREATEST PIRATE HUNTER EVER! AGHHH! *ejaculates*"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile

Also, for a while we were big on setting people's homepage on Firefox to a website that was just a video loop... of a guy getting nailed in the butt. up close. his member was swinging in a circle, and that song that goes like "you spin me right round, baby, right round--like a record baby..." played loudly.

It is a variation on meatspin, and the nailee is a transsexual.

The more you know.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

I love the fact that Onstad is using gay porn to serve as the common comparison in personalities between the different characters.  Most literary types would use the reaction to something ordinary such as a funeral or an expensive hamburger, but nothing brings out the true character like a man and his buddy watching another man suddenly start playing the lady's role.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

yeah, it is meatspin .com.
there are, on that site, links to other sites which are much worse. in terms of... just... things I didn't need to know could be done.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest

Beef analyzing the gay porn is the best thing ever. If this is the end of the arc, I'll be quite pleased.

Are we supposed to contrast this with Teodor's awkward reaction and draw conclusions from it, incidentally? Really obvious conclusions?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I sent the meatspin link to my roommate under the title "A-CAP Bans Alcohol".
He threw off his headphones, called me a dick, and stormed out of the room.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up