Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 28, 2007 -- sitting around watching gay porn like it was just a basic day!  (Read 7958 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile

Hah, impossible. A-CAP requires alcohol to function, much like it requires a certain number of high-diving suicides per semester.

I bet they've found a way to ban smoking, though.
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

They did ban smoking in all dorms and something like 25 feet around every building. All windows are bolted and the stairs in the library have giant plexiglass guards to prevent suicide. I was put on probation my first week here because I drank a beer with a guy down the hall, and my friend is "persona non grata" from all property of A-CAP because he got drunk one night and an RA saw him stumble into a poster about oppression in third world nations.
This is either A-CAP or the little town in Footloose.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile

I sent the meatspin link to my roommate under the title "A-CAP Bans Alcohol".
He threw off his headphones, called me a dick, and stormed out of the room.

Canned, you magnificent reactionary bastard.

I can't even imagine college without alcohol. I prefer pot, but my first strong memory of the dorms in which I now live was waking up in one covered in vomit and wearing someone else's clothes. (On second thought, calling that a strong memory is probably an overstatement.) You basically only get cracked down on for bringing Substances into your room if your RA is a huge dick or if you are. Then again, my fiancee and I aren't big drinkers and parties are boring if you're not single, so I don't know too well from experience.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

This don't make you gay any more than watchin' NASCAR makes you a good driver.

Tragically too long for a thread title, I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

The line would have been funnier as "any more than watching NASCAR makes you a white trash hick" but I get the idea.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

Ok, they're watching gay porn and discussing it. That's no biggie. What really threw me off in the last strip was that Ray said that he was gonna try getting off to it, which is in no way hetero, no matter how much you try to see it as a wacky dare fueled on the buzz of the challenge (That might be, incidentally, the exact line where zany flamboyance transforms into flaming gaytude).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely

Surely "getting off" doesn't have to be sexual?

I mean, obviously Onstad is well aware that is has those connotations, but that doesn't mean that has to be the intended sense. Doesn't it fit Ray's character pretty well that he should use orgasm as a metaphorical expression of his enjoyment of pretty much anything?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

It Makes Sense.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

to get off (2 get offff) - to have some fly times that are either mellow or hyped


Beef was so bewildered that Ray was watching gay porn, that he had to put on a tie to confront him.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

The line would have been funnier as "any more than watching NASCAR makes you a white trash hick" but I get the idea.

No, it's better as it is. Like, watching gay porn can't TURN you gay, either. Or watching NASCAR cause you to actually learn to drive well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

I personally would like to see at least one more strip on Teodore and maybe one confrontational scene betwixt Pat and Ray.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

I personally would like to see at least one more strip on Teodore and maybe one confrontational scene betwixt Pat and Ray.

I personally would like it if every time someone used the word "betwixt" they had to pay a fine
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I personally would like it if every time someone used the word "betwixt" they had to pay a fine

Then you'd have to include 'whilst' also.
Logged
~

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Beef was so bewildered that Ray was watching gay porn, that he had to put on a tie to confront him.

That wasn't the way I took it - I just thought Beef had been doing some coding and was wearing his work clothes.  You can tell he's pretty chill with the whole thing by the end because he didn't take the opportunity to bail when he was getting his beer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile

I personally would like to see at least one more strip on Teodore and maybe one confrontational scene betwixt Pat and Ray.

I would like a copy of People Magazine.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up