Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos?  (Read 52225 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

My interest in vampire squids commences a battle to the death with my boycott of Myspace....

Join ussssss . . . Seriously, Wombles - everybody loves MySpace. It's the new TV!

Well, yes, but:

a) That's the fattest I've ever been in my life.

...and...

b) That's me with my hair short, no glasses and no beard so it looks nothing like me.

So even though there's a frame of reference, it's not a good one.

Yeah, but this is (mostly) America, so the only thing that matters is that you were in a movie. Did you not get the memo about the hierarchy of importance? You are right above being on Jerry Springer, and right below riding in a car with a teen idol flashing her hoo-hoo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2007, 07:36:17 pm »

beatrice-- do you go to UNCA? I have several/a bunch of friends there!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2007, 07:51:01 pm »

i do! i've been in asheville since the 14th and just finished my second week of classes.  i know almost no one and am terribly bored.  my roomate's an awesome guy but he's not really keyed in to the whole "i should probably introduce this girl to people" thing.  and everybody's s nice, but i haven't had any actual social encounters with new people.  just the kid i live with and the one person i met before moving here.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2007, 07:53:59 pm »

The social tentacles of inev strike again.  He knows everyone at every university, everywhere. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2007, 08:01:48 pm »

Stroll the halls with a handle of bourbon and new friends will come out of the woodwork.

Did you not see her pictures? I'd think the bourbon would be . . . superfluous.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2007, 08:33:08 pm »

NOTE: this is only good for an on campus community situation. If y'all are spread out all over the city the hobo risk isn't worth it, I suppose.

QFT. This happened to me the last time I was home. The wife almost left me behind.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2007, 12:54:14 am »

well, I mean, considering I am from NC, knowing someone at UNCA is not that outlandish.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2007, 01:43:07 am »

well, I mean, considering I am from NC, knowing someone at UNCA is not that outlandish.

Sure, if it was the first time something like this happened. Have you ever met Michael Jordan?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2007, 01:58:22 am »

I know that. But if they ain't finding her she needs an excuse to lure 'em in.

I followed the 90/10 principal in college. I trolled the different housing areas, supplied my own booze (that'll open a lot of doors) and followed the sounds of music and people. Met a metric butt-ton of people, 90% I never wanted to see again and 10% who turned out to be real good people to know down the line.

NOTE: this is only good for an on campus community situation. If y'all are spread out all over the city the hobo risk isn't worth it, I suppose.

At A-CAP youd probably get kicked out for being some kind of walking hate crime. These people, they are the black hole of fun.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2007, 02:40:35 am »

Quote
Sure, if it was the first time something like this happened. Have you ever met Michael Jordan?

When I lived in Buffalo Grove (outside of Chicago) we almost went to trickertreat at his house one time. So, no.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2007, 03:11:36 am »

At A-CAP youd probably get kicked out for being some kind of walking hate crime. These people, they are the black hole of fun.

People at a university being against cute girls carrying booze? I'm sorry I'm having trouble fitting my head around that one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2007, 07:00:25 am »

Have you ever met Michael Jordan?

He parked his corvette in two spaces at my work once.

The two handicapped spaces.

Then he went out of town.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2007, 02:33:35 pm »

He parked his corvette in two spaces at my work once.

The two handicapped spaces.

Then he went out of town.

You ever play golf with Stan Humphries?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2007, 12:29:53 pm »

I once looked up Stan Humphries on wikipedia, to find out who he is. And I also played golf once. Crazy golf. On a website. That's kind of close, right?

Beatrice, your band sort of reminds me a mixture of Calexico and Mclusky, which in theory should be abominable, but is actually rather good! Congratulations, I like it. A question: Is being good-looking a prerequisite to playing the violin, or a side-effect of? Every lady violin-er I have ever seen has been all different kinds of smokin' hot. It's uncanny.

Here's a picture of some new friends and I! We found 5 stray kittens in our shed, and they are so bloody cute. One of them was all half-dead and runty though, so we took him to the vet. They couldn't do nothing for him, he had no eyes and some other severe fucked-up-ness. In the words of the vet, "he's buggered." They put him down.. but not before I saw the worst thing ever. I was absolutely appalled, and that aint an easy thing to accomplish. I can't get it out of my brain. I know there are a few animal lovers here so I won't go into details unless anyone wants to be totally grossed out.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2007, 12:57:36 pm »

I know there are a few animal lovers here so I won't go into details unless anyone wants to be totally grossed out.

Come on man, don't tease us.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up