You're sure about this? You can't un-read it, y'know. Although thinking about it there are videos of stuff a lot worse online, and I'm probably just being squeamish because I saw it happening to a completely undeserving kitten. A really cute one, at that. He (we weren't sure if it was actually a he, but he was too nice to be an it) was about two thirds the size of his litter-mates, ribs like bent matchsticks showing beneath his thin black fur. Despite being the runt of the litter, he was damn feisty, crawling round the box we were carrying him in and mewing like a good'un. We named him Spidey.
Okay so basically the vet was holding the kitten to check it had an arsehole. He was prodding the general area with his fingers, none too gently, when all of a sudden out squirts a disgustingly large globule of what I take to be a of pus. Gooey white shit splattered the table, exactly like a giant spot bursting, with the little feline practically screeching with pain. My stomach turns. In retrospect it's pretty obvious the kitten was fucked, but I was still hoping for the best. The vet continues handling him, moving on to its eyes. Unlike his siblings, both of them are still sealed shut, with one of them looking all swollen and distended. He forces one set of eyelids open, revealing a disturbing lack of anything. Oh well thinks I, nothing wrong with a one-eyed cat. Might have some difficulty chasing balls of string, but no biggie. The vet is looking none too happy as he goes on to the other eye, the enlarged one. As he pries the lids open, I catch sight of something vaguelly resembling an eyeball and a sparkle of hope lights my young, foolish heart. This comes to an end abruptly as out shoots a goddamn fountain of the same ugly white slime that came out his bum. With this my bubble is thoroughly burst. There was a lot of that shit. A tea-spoon full at least. The poor little thing must've contained more pus than brains and blood. I'm still fighting my gag reflex when the vet pulls out the needle to end his sorry little life.
I suppose it's the for the best though. I mean, Spidey?