Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos?  (Read 52291 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:47 am »

I really want to ask you to explain this, but I'm afraid that would ruin it. 

It did ruin it.  Thanks.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2007, 04:40:43 am »

you're welcome.

OK, so, people. this thread brings to the fore a major thing. A MAJOR THING. the title of this thread is PHOTOS.

notice anything (or ANYONE) missing?

wtf is this?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2007, 04:42:14 am »

you're welcome.

OK, so, people. this thread brings to the fore a major thing. A MAJOR THING. the title of this thread is PHOTOS.

notice anything missing?
Hey, don't look at me.  I just posted something one could probably charitably describe as a photo, even if it has been slightly modified from the original (unless they really did get a cow to swim and leap out of the sea), a few posts back!
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2007, 05:04:42 am »

ok, no, I didn't really mean that.

The person missing is Paul, people. It has been too long. I miss him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2007, 11:14:54 am »

Nabubrush doesn't just get laid, he gets laid then stands back up again.

Nabubrush is so well-hung he doesn't beat the women off with a stick, he beats them off with his stick. And they enjoy it

I think the internet is made for for conversations like this, so you can say anything you want but never have to look the other particip a n t s in the eyes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:29:54 am by mavies »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2007, 11:39:40 am »

Yeah where is that guy? He's been a bit sparse lately.

Nabu once tried to watch a porno movie but the actors were too distracted by his manly physique and couldn't concentrate.


particip a n t s

Ooooh, this one learns quick.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:12:03 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2007, 11:42:24 am »

Ooooh, this one learns quick.

Not really, I was sitting for a few minutes wondering how I'd managed to typo it into some kind of swear word ("Particicunts? Particifucks? Particiwankers?") before it finally clicked.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:23 pm »

What Doc is saying is that most newbies take months to figure out the filters, and then the inevitable (sorry inev) question is posted: 

Why is pants a swear word? 

The answer:

Because Jough rules with an iron fist. 

Edited because Jough's fist has apparently gotten fistier. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:05:38 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2007, 01:58:47 pm »

Participants is a swear?

Man, that's very interesting.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2007, 03:06:57 pm »

I was just looking back at the filters list, and man did it bring back memories. 

Anybody else remember skott? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2007, 03:49:55 pm »

I was just looking back at the filters list, and man did it bring back memories. 

Anybody else remember skott? 

I definitely remember him from Dumbrella. He was . . . sort of a cock.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2007, 03:59:18 pm »

Again, I liked him.  But then, we chatted privately so I got to see his warm, cuddly side on occasion. 

He was the bad boy of Dumbrella.  Of course I had an internet crush on him. 

If I were half the slut IRL that I am on the internet I would be on a first-name basis with the pharmacist. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2007, 04:02:34 pm »

I thought he was funny, but you can't deny he was a cock on lots of occasions. Of course, I am too. That guy Bob was funny, and he was a cock all the time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2007, 04:14:40 pm »

He was an asshole, but he was a *clever* asshole. 

He and jough didn't get on, though, so I don't think he ever made it over here.  Didn't Onstad ban him outright just before the board blew up? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2007, 04:38:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure R Stevens didn't like him either, hence his name being filtered. But then he was just insane with random filters anyway.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up