Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos?  (Read 52400 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Photos?
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:21:35 am »

What is the TOUAMB position on photo threads? Are they allowed, discouraged, what?

Could this become one?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Photos?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:08:21 am »

... This question needs to be asked?

Oh, God, Paul, you've gone too far idle. Save us, Paul!

EDIT: Because I realized this post was totally unhelpful -- yes, photo threads are fine. The semi-mock-outrage/confusion is because, some time ago, it used to be standard for Paul (pmcd9) to post lengthy threads of photos, such that such a thread was generally considered to be synonymous with him.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:11:26 am by V-Adore »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:51:38 am »

Or you could join the Flickr TOUAMB group and direct our attention there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:30:39 pm »

Yeah photos are awesomeness, though for especially large ones linkage is considered more polite than inline posting, some of us still subsist on sucky internets after all.
Plus it gets the board layout all out of whack.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:42:48 pm »

... This question needs to be asked?

Oh, God, Paul, you've gone too far idle. Save us, Paul!

EDIT: Because I realized this post was totally unhelpful -- yes, photo threads are fine. The semi-mock-outrage/confusion is because, some time ago, it used to be standard for Paul (pmcd9) to post lengthy threads of photos, such that such a thread was generally considered to be synonymous with him.

It has been too long.  I'll see what I can do.

Although I suspect that he/she's talking about a thread where the members post a picture of themselves.  I think that's a good idea.  Lots of new blood here.  We need to see some faces (and rude titties).  Of the newbies only Muse O Fire was kind enough to provide photographic evidence.  Also, the newbies would like to see a picture of the old guard I think. 

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Photos?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 04:22:55 pm »

Why not, I'll get the ball rolling.

Obligatory silly pose photo

Obligatory "Light's too bright, too wild eyed, hair's mussed and I look hella ugly but it's the only one I've got" photo

Alright, now that I'm out the way I think we should start seeing some hot photos. Bring out, birds and blokes.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Photos?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 04:32:59 pm »

judy-- this is not how I expected you to look. Goodness.

Right now, I basically look like this except my hair is getting shaggier
this is my main pasttime, although normally I play Electric guitar
I guess we're posting silly pictures? It was a dress-up party. Those are not my real glasses-- nor do I normally wear ultra-tight boyscout shirts. or wings.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Photos?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 05:00:22 pm »

I do not have many pictures scanned in, let alone linkably online... because I don't like having a lot of pictures of me around.

It's creepy to have me staring back at me, it's unnerving. Covering the walls with pictures of me would be a pretty solid way of torturing me into talking. Also, I do not photograph well... I am somewhat heavy but a dude photographs flat-out fat.

I will dig around, though, as everyone seems to be going quid pro quo.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 06:15:34 pm »

Sometime, LFM, you really do sound like Roast Beef
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:34:34 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Photos?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 07:56:55 pm »

Whoa, are your titties out?  Also, cutie!

It's complicated to explain, but basically: the picture was the last shot from a friend's art-class photo shoot, where we had all been running around in insane costumes all night. I am wearing a stretchy tank top (which was "one size fits all" because she wasn't sure who to expect to volunteer) and a bra, and the straps don't exactly line up. Sadly, that is the extent of the applied nudity.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 01:59:34 am »

Well, that's a hard act to follow, especially the Science, but here's me back in the simple one pug days.

And I like this one of me taking a job and shoving it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:05:17 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Photos?
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:02 am »

You know, I could link to my Flickr account, but things would go downhill quickly. You want to see it, do some research.

[

That's me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 02:06:57 am »

And I like this one of me taking a job and shoving it.

We went to the same university? Class of '08 says hi!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up