Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)  (Read 3583 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« on: March 28, 2007, 04:29:36 pm »

While you're an occasional (but valued) poster, your grasp of such diverse topics as Jewish kosher laws and superhero comics continues to astound and shame the vast majority of us in the general knowledge stakes. May you continue to plough those rich furrows of wisdom and enlighten us for many years to come.

Happy Birthday, mate!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:35:41 pm »

happy birthday!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASHRUT QUIZ: if I stab a cow in the udder, which knife do I use, and which sink do I wash it in?

...the answer I've been given so far is "Get out of my house. Do that at your house, Daniel."

you rarely post lately it seems, but your intelligence and awesome-ity is quite evident.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 05:06:20 pm »

Happy birthday.

Terry calling you "Mr. Ben" makes me think of that one track on "Reinhold Messner" where it is a phone message from Mr. Folds' dad, set to music... I love that track because my dad leaves me similarly awesome rambling half-asleep phone messages.

"Hey Mike... I was just thinking... if I won the lotto, would you and your brother come home? Like, could you get your girlfriend to move back out and teach out here? If I won the lotto, I'd wanna start an AM station and I'd want you and Dan to come help me run it... we could run Air America shows and Mets games and weird local stuff and... do you think the FCC would catch me if I did some weird shit to enhance propagation? The dolomite in the hills, you see..."

And then he rambles off into deeply technical radio engineering stuff that I barely understand.

My dad is awesome.

And so are birthdays. Happy birthday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:15:25 pm »

Happy Birthday Ben,

I saw you post recently in Scans_Daily.

I enjoyed it.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 06:39:02 pm »

(dons Marilyn Monroe dress and wig, puckers up)

Now I made it a disturbing birthday? Huuuuh? Huuuuuuuuuuuuuh?

Glad I could help...


I never know what to say that's fresh...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »

Terry calling you "Mr. Ben" makes me think of that one track on "Reinhold Messner" where it is a phone message from Mr. Folds' dad, set to music... I love that track because my dad leaves me similarly awesome rambling half-asleep phone messages.

"Hey Mike... I was just thinking... if I won the lotto, would you and your brother come home? Like, could you get your girlfriend to move back out and teach out here? If I won the lotto, I'd wanna start an AM station and I'd want you and Dan to come help me run it... we could run Air America shows and Mets games and weird local stuff and... do you think the FCC would catch me if I did some weird shit to enhance propagation? The dolomite in the hills, you see..."

I have these conversations with my mother, except in person: "So what are your plans for the day? Are you going to clean out those boxes? You'll probably need a filing cabinet... I was thinking about that, the filing cabinet, and I'm sure we could get you one..."

("Mom, I will let you know in the extremely unlikely event I need a filing cabinet.")

"Oh. Okay. By the way, can babies be born with cancer?"

("I'll look it up, Mom.")

"Okay, thanks."

... anyway, happy birthday, Ben. You are rad. You are a rad friend.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:02:58 pm »

Zoinks!  Happy Birthday, Dude.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »

Happy Birthday Ben.

I was just about to suggest that were getting a lady to come by later and smush a cake with her buttom, but since were all breast men now I guess that's passe.  Can you smush a cake with titties or are we too classy for that now?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 07:46:52 pm »

If you all are too high minded for that, please direct all cake smashing breasts to me.

I'll take care of them for you.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 12:46:34 am »

You know it doesn't make much sense
There ought to be a law against
Anyone who takes offense
At a day in your celebration
‘Cause we all know in our minds
That there ought to be a time
That we can set aside
To show just how much we love you
And I'm sure you would agree
It couldn't fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party on the day you came to be!

If that's too much, there's always:

Happy fuck*ng birthday, you're not special.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:14:35 am »


I saw you post recently in Scans_Daily.


Oh, so that explains it.  You've been seeing other messageboards.

Well, happy birthday anyway. Don't worry about us. *sniff*
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 02:07:04 am »

Happy birthday! I have nothing sassy or clever to say, but I hope that you have lots of fun.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 06:52:02 am »

Yeah, what she said.

Happy Birthday, dude.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 07:25:36 am »

Happy birthday dude, remember to drop in on us sometime when you're not running the jewish conspiracy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 07:37:12 pm »

Oh, uh, thanks.

I've actually been checking the MB at least daily if not more, but I am not a high-volume poster. The thing is that I haven't been checking all the subforums (including this one) because I went out of town for a week earlier in the month and I got into that weird paranoid place where New Topics just build up and I don't even want to look at it. So, sorry for responding late on this.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up