Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?  (Read 16509 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:21 am »

I am apparently going to see the Allman Bros with Ratdog in early August, and after that, Dave Matthews Band.

It's so hard to know how to respond to that. Good luck?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 04:34:01 am »

I saw the Allman Brothers in about 1985.  They were good, but I wasn't much of a fan at the time. 

I am now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2007, 06:10:14 am »

I am a big fan of the Allmans, but they are so far removed from the band that made those killer albums 30+ years ago...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2007, 06:49:49 am »

The Alman brothers were my first concert. I hated them, and hated the concert. Sorry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2007, 11:48:33 am »

Willie Nelson was my first concert.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2007, 05:06:14 pm »

wait, I'm sorry. I missed the part where YOU SAW BAD BRAINS.

I am going to brutally murder you. The concept is that I will say "YOU LIKE BAD BRAINS, HUH FUNNY BOY?" and then crush you between a series of huge speakers blasting "Pay to Cum." Then I'll pee on you. (you always gotta throw in that part.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2007, 05:36:32 pm »

Are you talking to me Dan?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2007, 06:22:50 pm »

no. nabu.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »

wait, I'm sorry. I missed the part where YOU SAW BAD BRAINS.

I am going to brutally murder you. The concept is that I will say "YOU LIKE BAD BRAINS, HUH FUNNY BOY?" and then crush you between a series of huge speakers blasting "Pay to Cum." Then I'll pee on you. (you always gotta throw in that part.)

I gotta say, I didn't expect that reaction from you. Especially about Bad Brains - it's not like I was talking Danzig or GWAR or Slipknot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2007, 07:49:47 pm »

..that... that was the joke.

I was kidding!

I am bad at pretending to be mean.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2007, 07:57:12 pm »

Fair enough - but I hope you don't actually think that any time I endorsed murder on this board I really wanted someone to be killed. Everything I say is a joke, with the exception of flirtation and attempts at seduction. Those items are deadly serious and always intentional.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2007, 12:19:36 am »

He's too young for you, Nabu.  Even if he looks fetching in a dress.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2007, 03:06:54 am »

Yeah - you gotta be old enough to drink to ride this train.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Jimi at Isle of Wight? Bad Brains at CBGB's in '82?
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2007, 06:22:33 am »

Yeah - you gotta be old enough to drink to ride this train.

Can. Duly noted.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up