Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good  (Read 7311 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:52:39 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292007

The teddy bear is not comfortable enough to sit down. Make note of this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 06:01:27 am »

Even if any porn had a celebrity bursting through the walls shrieking his/her head off about the ongoing apocalyptic war outside, I still would not watch it unless all parties were fully clothed and decent.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 06:04:26 am »

More shit to fastforward through? Are you kidding me? I don't need damn celebrity one to give me even more wasted minutes in my pornography. GET TO THE SNUGGLING ALREADY. WARM SHEETS AND SPOONING.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

isunklower

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12
  • EXTREME
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 06:08:13 am »


The teddy bear is not comfortable enough to sit down. Make note of this.

I was too busy making note of the horrible singsong voice and swaying. 

Téodor's sexuality gets ever more confusing (or ever less, possibly).
Logged
if it is regular yellow lemonade / my dong goes all flaccid

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 06:13:59 am »

what'd teodor actually get yelled at for?  watching gay porn in front of philippe, i guess?
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:15:54 am »

He got yelled at for insinuating that Superman would wear a police hat in the shower.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:44:41 am »

The plot thickens.

What's with Téodor's eyes in panels two and three?  Is he just using a really mellow singsong voice?

Also, tomorrow I will find a way to work "hung like Saddam Hussein" into an actual conversation.  Preferably one that has absolutely nothing to do with man-parts until I bring it up.
Logged

isunklower

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12
  • EXTREME
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 06:59:29 am »

Téodor's eyes are always generally pretty terrifying - I suppose as a reflection of his soulless, stuffed animal nature - but perhaps he has been hittin' the weed weed.  I imagine he needed to take the edge off after his confrontation with Philippe (although I imagine pretty much every conversation w/ Philippe could end that way). 

I guess it depends on how he's sing-songing those words.  I imagined it pretty mincing before, but now I've got this heavy reggae backbeat in my head.
Logged
if it is regular yellow lemonade / my dong goes all flaccid

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 07:08:48 am »

Maybe the singsong voice is a thing they do when someone gets yelled at by phillipe since phillipe yelling at you is basically as terrifying as being savaged by a sleepy duckling.

I note that 'Stad made sure that each dude was chilling with one hand behind the chair, I believe this is because in the first iteration of the comic they were resting their hands on their laps out of view and this was far too open to Interpretations.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:44:53 am »

yeah, I would definitely need some pot after being yelled at by phillipe.

Note to self: if a guy asks you "dude...you ever smoke up?" the answer should not be "I dunno, not really..."
this will be a really obvious case of "I am uncomfortable with this question, but I am trying hard to seem cool and nonchalant."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 07:49:32 am »

This strip is the moneystrip.  Hella good jokes.

Is Teodor doing a limp wrist move while saying 'hey guys'?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 09:50:46 am »

Nah he's doing a hip pointing movement. Imagine his head moving slightly from side to side and his inter-racial pregnany girlfriend and you'd have it.

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 11:29:32 am »

The teddy bear is not comfortable enough to sit down. Make note of this.

But he is comfortable enough to immediately go and stand as close as he can to both of his gay-porn watching friends.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 11:35:48 am »

I know this is probably not the effect Onstad was aiming towards, but two straight dudes watching gay porno for half an hour and making jokes about it... is just seven kinds of suspicious and or lame. It reeks of "Hey, I'm really uncomfortable with what I'm seeing, I'll cruise through this talking nonstop and I better act nonchalant and try some jokes too". The point being that doing that sort of thing for five or ten minutes would seem "normal", but keep going at it for half an hour...

Again, I know that's not what's really happening within the strips' "objective reality", where Ray is even getting new ideas for commercial opportunities, but this is just incomprehensible; it bespeaks of a level of distancing oneself from what one's watching that's just too Zen-like and unattainable for a basic dude like me. Watching people fuck*ng is not watching laundry being done.

But, anyway. Zany!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:40:43 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:34:49 pm »

I like this strip! Yay for funny strips on my birthday!

I thought the T musical interlude was a little...queer (in all senses) though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up