Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...  (Read 3847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:49:28 pm »

But at 21, you're still young and your outlook is hopeful!  Happy Birthday.

May you have a Steve Party of your own.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:20:10 pm »

Rumjay, an old Tuscan birthday blessing that I just made up:

May reality always be someone else's problem.

Happy happy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:29:47 pm »

Happy Birthday lovely Hollins lady!

I cant remember if it was Holllins for Wed or Hollins for.... the poem eludes me.

I turned 21 roughly at the same time the superbowl ended. I went to a bar within walking distance proclaimed it was my birthday and ordered "the most expensive drink available" and continued to drink Blue Label until I was unable to walk. A group of men sitting a table saw this happening and covered my tab. I never went back to that bar and I've never had Blue Label since. That shit costs.

I have absolutely no doubt your birthday will go better than mine.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:32:40 pm »

RMJ, we are facebook friends. This implies a level of friendship which I am not OK disclosing in such a public forum as this.

A-CAP--
dude.
somehow, I feel like that is a stereotype of what you would do on your 21st birthday.

that, the dave-matthews-blowjob, and the frat-background-check... make me think you are putting us on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:35:55 pm »

RMJ, we are facebook friends. This implies a level of friendship which I am not OK disclosing in such a public forum as this.

A-CAP--
dude.
somehow, I feel like that is a stereotype of what you would do on your 21st birthday.

that, the dave-matthews-blowjob, and the frat-background-check... make me think you are putting us on.

I am very real. All too real.
Edit: Upon reflection, I can imagine the scene in your mind where some white guy in a hoodie is sitting a frat house with a beer in his hand saying something to the extent of "yea, dude, Dave was groovin on that "life is sweet but certain" song and she was totally rockin it on my cock". And then high fives. Sir, I assure you entirely that nothing resembling this scene has occurred in my life and that I was in the box at a dave concert because her mom had some connection. The post was in fact a joke to the extent of "this is the best thing that has happened to me at a concert" surrounded by stories of epic proportions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 08:18:32 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:40:33 pm »

Rumjay, an old Tuscan Ankh-Morporkian birthday blessing that I just made up:

May reality always be someone else's problem.

Happy happy.

Fixed that for you.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:09 pm »

Happy Birthday, Noob.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »

Happy birthday and many happy returns on the day (or of the day). Say hi to Bill for me, would you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 08:53:12 pm »

happy birthday!!!

When I turned 21 my mother told me, "Welp, Rosalyn, you're going to be 30 before you know it".

Enjoy this birthday.

**EDIT: If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn, you get shot. It's ROSE-ah-lynn, and only my moms gets to call me that. Everyone else calls me Somebody nice.
Logged

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »

Happy birthday, august personage! May your return to lucidity be as painless as possible.

EDIT: These are slanderous quotations, lfm.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 10:04:32 pm by Teatime »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:27:32 pm »

Quote from: Teatime
Happy birthday, sir! May your return to lucidity be as painless as possible.

...Rumjay is a lady.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 09:37:19 pm »

May the candles on your cake burn like cities in your wake.

On the subject of 21st-birthday celebrations: this reminds me of when a friend of mine turned 21 and we decided to grab him at midnight and whisk him off to the pub. We all gathered into the ceremonial Large Group of Well-Wishers, knocked on his door... waited a minute... knocked again... and finally yelled "surprise!" at him, looking muzzy-headed and in pajamas. It went down something like this:

"What are you guys doing?"

"Happy 21, man! We're taking you to the pub!"

"Uh... I just got to sleep. And I have to go to work in the morning..."

"... oh. Well... okay."

You couldn't have written a more perfect anticlimax. I blame the fact that this dude had been drinking since freshman year or possibly before, meaning that the pub actually wasn't any more exciting or rewarding than getting a decent night's sleep before work.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 09:51:50 pm »

If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn...

How crass, It's Rose a lynn of course.  My Grandmother was named Rosabelle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 10:00:35 pm »

Happy birthday, Rumjay Numbers.  Party hard for me, in whatever manner suits you. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 10:18:46 pm »

**EDIT: If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn, you get shot. It's ROSE-ah-lynn, and only my moms gets to call me that. Everyone else calls me Somebody nice.

I guess Rozz is right out?

Now I've got images of a bee-hive hairdo'd waitress in my head.  I assume this has to do with 1980's television, although I don't recall which show.

Somebody nice, one the other hand, is a lovely name.  Riveting, in fact.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up