Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Poll

TOUAMBIES

Yes I want them in the next couiple weeks.
No. I hate kittens and bacon.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07  (Read 10530 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:27 pm »

It looks like weve used slashnet in the past and I am now in vortex.slashnet.org #TOUAMB. Let me know if this is wrong.
Also, I'll be reading the archives to see how to get the TOUAMBIES deal going. I guess it could happen in a couple weeks?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:36:17 am »

I have interest, and I think maybe other people do too, but I have no technical know how what so ever.  There is a #toumb channel in IRC that I've checked a few times today after installing mIRC, but I seem to remember this being an old dead channel, and that we moved on to another option...  I don't know.  I'm sorry, I was just so proud of myself for installing mIRC without screwing up.  I've sort of gone on a few channels and looked around, but I'm not really into chatting with total strangers. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:40:44 am »

it won't let me connect to slashnet. I am not really sure why.

it says:

* Connecting to irc.slashnet.org (6667)
-
* Identd request from 209.133.65.222
* Identd replied: 3592, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : theinevita
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #1 209.133.65.222 (6667)

and then repeats.
I am not sure what is going wrong.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:42:42 am »

irc.wjoe.tv

#touamb

That's the one from the past.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:11:11 am »

smick, your stern looking avatar always makes me feel a little ashamed, but now even more so.  If I go to www.irc.wjoe.tv (is that even the right place?) it won't let me connect, tells my I need to install something, then crazy norton/vista stuff tells me a threat has been blocked... Sigh.  I don't know.  I just don't know.  Maybe grandma should stick to her crosswords and knitting.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 04:56:47 am »

Thank you A-CAP for providing us with this excellent resource.  And thank you also for attempting to revive the TOUAMBie awards.  I, for one, and excited by the prospect of another TOUAMBie award.  I don't however expect to do win anything this go round. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 05:00:58 am »

smells, do you have an IRC program, such as mIRC or Trillian? You can download the programs for free at http://www.mirc.com/ or you can get Trillian at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com

I use Trillian because it's multiple IM thingies in one, but both are equally good.

Once you've got your preferred IRC client set up, put irc.wjoe.tv in the connection box. If it asks for a port, use 6667.

Once you connect to irc.wjoe.tv, type /join #touamb and you'll be in our channel.

PM me if you have questions!!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 05:15:08 am »

linnea and I are chatting now.  Hurry up and get in there!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 05:17:28 am »

Where?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 05:18:54 am »

irc.wjoe.tv

#touamb
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:55 am »

damn. I think WashU might be blocking certain ports. I do not know how to figure this out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:27 pm »

I think A-CAP is volunteering to run the entire TOUAMBIES, which is nice.  He'll be like our guest host.

However: A-CAP - have you read the entirety of the board archives first?  Or at least every post since the last TOUAMBIES?  That's such as a prerequisite for Sajacking the awards here.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 12:46:06 pm »

damn. I think WashU might be blocking certain ports. I do not know how to figure this out.

6667 is commonly used for eMule. You might be able to piggyback on a port that they can't block like 25 (outgoing e-mail) or 80 (http)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:47:01 pm »

I'm just posting again because Cort is catching up to my post count, and whenever someone overtakes me in post count, THAT IS WHEN THE BOARD COLLAPSES AND THE UNIVERSE COMES UNGLUED.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 01:07:16 pm »

I'm just posting again because Cort is catching up to my post count, and whenever someone overtakes me in post count, THAT IS WHEN THE BOARD COLLAPSES AND THE UNIVERSE COMES UNGLUED.

Basically the board is like the plot of Dogma. But with more cat c*ckes and giraffe placenta
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up