Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Poll

TOUAMBIES

Yes I want them in the next couiple weeks.
No. I hate kittens and bacon.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07  (Read 10498 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 05:01:06 pm »

not that I was here for this at all, but wasn't it "Hove some Dignity?"

Maybe we can have both... I feel like there are a lot of possible nominees.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 05:05:26 pm »

Maybe we can have both... I feel like there are a lot of possible nominees.

The dress photos, huh? And I thought my bunny ears might have been a danger!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 05:12:20 pm »

yeah. um.

Quote
Daniel,

At the risk of seeming "dad-like," uptight and generally out of date (or is it out
of touch?) -- if I were you, I'd seriously consider your recent additions to Flickr.
 Please remember that not everyone is as open-minded, fun-loving and unaffected by
other people's opinions as you are. 

(further stuff)

Also consider that what's funny "in the moment" can look very differently to someone
who wasn't there in "that moment"  They say that context is everything -- lack of
context can be damning.

Love,
Dad

It took me a couple of minutes to realize which pictures he was referring to. Damn.
Hove some Dignity, Dan.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 08:45:47 pm »

yeah. um.

Well, I'm glad your father backs me up on this issue. It is good to know I'm aged and sensible!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 10:47:38 pm »

Yeah Inev! What's with you wearing that dress without a full face of makeup or a nice bag! People gonna google your name when you go for job interviews and see that you are a guy that leaves the job half done. For shame!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 11:17:54 pm »

People that don't get your flickr pictures can take it in the dumper.  Was he referring to potential employers?  Who could possibly give a flying fuck what your private photos look like?  Oh wait, he's referring to the flack "he" might recieve from his less open minded friends.  I see.

I guess you just gotta tell your Dad you are a tranny and he's just gonna have to deal with it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:59 pm »

I think it's more like... My parents were basically afraid in high school that I'd do something weird and get beat up. I think that is the thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 02:48:33 am »

My parents were like that with my li'l brother. Just try to keep in mind they're doing what they think is best for you and then ignore them and do what you want. If you're going to get beat up by assholes it'll probably happen anyway, but feeling like your parents are rejecting you can really mess with your head.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:22 am »

um, I mean, it's not that I am really into dressing up in dresses. I just did that once. because I thought it'd be fun/ny. they are typically OK with whatever I do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 10:27:03 pm »

For a moment I thought your father created an account to post this. I was some alarmed.

And I thought the dress was charming and inoffensively done.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 03:23:13 am »

The dress was cute, but I'm glad you say you've put on some weight since.  What I am saying is that I probably sympathize with what your mother worries about, not your dad.  "Eat!  Eat!  You're skin and bones! (etc..)"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:47 pm »

Ok I KNOW you're all online. The Board tells me so.
Get yo asses on the chatroom dagnabit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2007, 03:09:34 pm »

Ok I KNOW you're all online. The Board tells me so.
Get yo asses on the chatroom dagnabit.

We work for a living. What are you, a damn FOREIGNER?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2007, 10:11:38 pm »

So is this still happening?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 11:46:58 pm »

So is this still happening?

Yes, sporadically. Just log in and idle there for God's sake.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up