Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice  (Read 20524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:25:25 am »

A five-strip week, this storyline clearly has Onstad inspired. Though I'm not sure I like the intrusion of American Idol.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:39 am »

Next stop: America's Next Pornstar.

I love Téodor's expression on panel 3. I believe he's wincing at Ray's ignorance and not at something Steve and Ron are performing on the TV screen.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:40 am »

I love the 1950s usage of the operator.  I half expect it to actually work.

You ever want to wonder about something, man, wonder how the operators in those movies knew how to connect everyone to everyone within the plot of the film.  It was like the Clairvoyant Plot-Specific News Radio Network, but even more focused.

Now I have to dig up my tape of MST3K's The Giant Gila Monster.

And get some sleep for once.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

isunklower

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12
  • EXTREME
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:38:34 am »

Personally, I thought the best celebrity to come bust up some gay porn would be one of those Predators (from the, uh, Predator movies). 

Steve would be all nailin' Andy (and/or possibly Ron), and the Predator would keep trying to interrupt w/ its wide assortment of weaponry (e.g. wrist blades, incendiary devices).  It would be quite a crossover adventure. 

Also, there would have to be more than one scene shot from the 1st person perspective (Predator totally wrist-slashing at your FACE), possibly requiring 3D glasses.

I wanted to mention this yesterday, but I was too ashamed.
Logged
if it is regular yellow lemonade / my dong goes all flaccid

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:47:09 am »

The idea of a gay porn in 3-D is horrific to contemplate.

I love the expression on Beef's face in panel 4.  I imagine that when dealing with Ray, that face gets used a lot.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

isunklower

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12
  • EXTREME
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 05:58:07 am »

The idea of a gay porn in 3-D is horrific to contemplate.

To be honest, I have no depth perception, so I was totally just making a stab at potential awesomeness. 

3D movies are up on this weird little pedestal for me. 

Vivid childhood memories of being dragged to IMAX theaters, my cretin friends all pawing out at the screen while I sat there and pouted.  "This just looks blurrier than usual :("
Logged
if it is regular yellow lemonade / my dong goes all flaccid

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:11:05 am »

The idea of a gay porn in 3-D is horrific to contemplate.

I've seen het porn in 3-D. It was pretty lame, for the most part, although the fact that the obligatory First-Person Object-Thrust-Directly-At-The-Camera shot was of a dominatrix-type thrusting a dildo at the camera was almost worth the price of admission.

(What was really worth the price of admission, of course, is being able to say I went to see 3-D porn. On a date.)
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 06:18:36 am »

It is not a new comedy technique... but I'm a sucker for Ray getting a person's name wrong, being corrected for getting it wrong and later restating his error. That joke has always chimed in with me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 06:28:03 am »

It is not a new comedy technique... but I'm a sucker for Ray getting a person's name wrong, being corrected for getting it wrong and later restating his error. That joke has always chimed in with me.

Word, that joke made me chuckle out loud.  So beautiful in its simplicity.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Danimaux

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 06:55:17 am »

Word, that joke made me chuckle out loud.  So beautiful in its simplicity.

Especially that he's got Cowell mixed up with Simon Le Bon.  It makes sense in a "only half-paying attention to famous British people" way.  Ray is too much of a player to keep track of dudes named Hugh and Simon.
Logged

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 07:37:02 am »

I had to register to point out that Simon Le Cowell claimed recently that he was once offered £50,000 to watch a couple in the act and give his opinion. "I stupidly turned it down," he says. So, given a second opportunity, he might just take Ray's offer to critique the men doing maximum cuddles.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:40:12 am »

Once again, a strip in which Ray Gets Things Done (TM).

I am amused that the first two people that Ray thinks of are Ellen (who is far past hot at the moment) and the Yankees (who are in pre-season and therefore not really that interesting).  I believe American Idol is actually going on right now, but it still only pulled third billing.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 12:10:58 pm »

I love how Ray doesn't really pay attention to what people around him say, since he's rich enough to just not need to.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »

I love the 1950s usage of the operator.  I half expect it to actually work.

It's not like Ray uses Verizon like some normal schmuck. He has the special invitation-only phone service. It's like the AmEx Black card, but with 1950's style operators and an optional olde timey phone number (Murray Hill 93-oh-5)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:36 pm »

To be honest, I have no depth perception, so I was totally just making a stab at potential awesomeness. 

3D movies are up on this weird little pedestal for me. 

Vivid childhood memories of being dragged to IMAX theaters, my cretin friends all pawing out at the screen while I sat there and pouted.  "This just looks blurrier than usual :("

All like Willem in Mallrats not seeing The Schooner.

I have the same problem.  An optomotrist once told me that there was an actual physical reason I couldn't see those magic eye pictures or 3D movies.  I, like Willem would doubtless have been, was palpably relieved.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up