Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice  (Read 20562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2007, 12:38:02 am »

Good bad or bad bad?
Wrong and evil, like Chucky.  Or perhaps Bjork.  Who I have an unrequited crush on.

Speaking of avatars, Jough, if yours is a picture of you from small times, you were an absolute spitting image of my best friend from 1st through 6th grades.  When I first logged onto TOUAMB I was astonished that I would reconnect with him after all these years - but it soon became apparent that you are 1) Younger than me (although perhaps not substantially) and 2) Not Australian.  I wonder if 38-year old Stephen Cross looks at all like you.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 12:47:15 am »

Wrong and evil, like Chucky.  Or perhaps Bjork.  Who I have an unrequited crush on.

Yessssssssss

:: does the clenched fist draw back/pump thing with eyes closed in awe of my own coolness ::
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 01:00:40 am »

Bad is the new good bad.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2007, 01:46:03 am »

This has nothing to do with the current conversation, but David Foster Wallace is a professor at my college. Unfortunately, I've never seen him walking around or talked to him.


A can for you, sir, me envy you long time. Also, you can find what he looks like when he talks on the 'tubes. Google video has him on Charlie Rose, and I find him very endearing speaking, all cringing because the words he speaks do not match the world in his head.

And as for the Sgt. Peppers thing, for what I gathered from old people around here looks like it depends on the model of the record player? Apparently only those w/out automatic something would keep spinning forever?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:51:32 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2007, 02:48:36 am »

I know where David Foster Wallace's office is, so if anyone has a message for him, I'll slip it under his door and run for my life before he sees me.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2007, 04:27:31 am »

I checked on wikipedia: apparently non-us copies had a cut in the groove so it would re-play that one groove forever.
awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2007, 04:52:21 am »

I know where David Foster Wallace's office is, so if anyone has a message for him, I'll slip it under his door and run for my life before he sees me.

Haha, that would put his little gears a-whirring, wouldn't it? "Do I dare disturb the Universe?" Don't tempt me.

But really, I might try to think of something... something of course very clean and nice with maybe a twist of surrealism, like "there are people from brazil watching you" or something ^^.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2007, 05:04:26 am »

TOUAMBIE Category: Best use of formatting to drive home the joke.

Aw shucks, that's low lying fruit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2007, 04:54:48 pm »

I checked on wikipedia: apparently non-us copies had a cut in the groove so it would re-play that one groove forever.
awesome.

Not quite - all records have a run-out groove, the circular part of the groove at the end of the record where the stylus will keep circling unless your record player has an automatic tonearm return. On the British record, the run-out groove had that collage of sound recorded in it, so it would constantly repeat until you took the record off your record player. The US version simply had a silent run-out groove, like any other record.

The other difference between the two versions is that, just before the run-out groove, at the end of the spiral, there's a high-pitched, almost inaudible tone on the UK version which isn't there on the US version. John Lennon wanted it there to drive dogs crazy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2007, 07:53:37 pm »

ah, I didn't realize it was on the run-out groove. That is clever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 09:37:05 pm »

Sadly, the only fibrous item I've ever discovered that can actually stop my brain from churning renders me useless for anything other than listening to Pink Floyd for the rest of the day, is illegal and is mostly out of my current budget range.

I have much the same problem as LFM in Real Life. That thing he is alluding to there is pretty much the only reason my relationship is as functional as it is. Actually, that's pretty much what taught me to stop analyzing all the freaking time and just enjoy shit. Also, booze.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2007, 09:38:36 pm »

damn, I need that. To what are you referring? I'm looking up what is strong in fiber... beans? Do you mean beans?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2007, 09:45:30 pm »

damn, I need that. To what are you referring? I'm looking up what is strong in fiber... beans? Do you mean beans?

So innocent.  They are talking about marijuana.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 09:56:16 pm »

damn, I was really hoping that beans would solve all of my awkward-white-boy problems.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2007, 10:47:58 pm »

damn, I was really hoping that beans would solve all of my awkward-white-boy problems.

They are the magical fruit.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up