Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Peaks Season Two  (Read 4972 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Twin Peaks Season Two
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:37:02 pm »

The North American season two DVD set is finally released on Tuesday!   What a lovely Easter present!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:30:11 am »

Already in the Netflix queue.  The hell you people don't rent it from Netflix before I do.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 12:22:50 pm »

Curses. Something else to pay VAT on for importing...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:19:23 pm »

That is awesome. I hope it looks and sounds as good as season one. By putting only 2 episodes per disc they were able to make it look fantastic.

Looking at the details on Amazon it seems they are putting 4 episodes per disc. They are including log lady introductions though, which is awesome. That was one of the best parts of the season one set.

Edit: Holy shit, I didn't realize that season 1 was out of print and going for over $100 on Amazon. That's insane!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:29:13 pm »

Okay, I've been waiting until my holidays for this.  I am about to embark on a Twin Peaks marathon which includes the bootlegged Japanese movie length version of the pilot, season one and two, and Fire Walk With me. 

Because I care about my health I will not be eating donuts or cherry pie or throwing back black coffee.  Though I might cuddle a log and oil my drapes if time permits.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:45 pm »

Whenever I had Twin Peaks viewing parties I could never remember when you are supposed to stop the pilot, and we'd end up watching a little too much of the fake ending. 

For just a moment I was upset that the Season 1 DVD set was out of print, then I realized that I got a copy as a gift shortly after it came out.  Sadly, I don't think I've watched it since I received the gift. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 06:47:47 pm »

That is awesome. I hope it looks and sounds as good as season one. By putting only 2 episodes per disc they were able to make it look fantastic.

Looking at the details on Amazon it seems they are putting 4 episodes per disc. They are including log lady introductions though, which is awesome. That was one of the best parts of the season one set.

Edit: Holy shit, I didn't realize that season 1 was out of print and going for over $100 on Amazon. That's insane!

How much was season 1 as released, I wonder?

Edit: Looks like $40 or so, I guess. Ebay's currently at $50+ or so.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:51:05 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 09:24:34 pm »

Because I care about my health I will not be eating donuts or cherry pie or throwing back black coffee.  Though I might cuddle a log and oil my drapes if time permits.

Er?

The latter sounds like a euphemism for flicking the bean;  I can't even guess at the first term.  Tree-hugging?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 10:33:39 pm »

Sounds like good ol' American man-on-woman missionary intercourse to me, Jay.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 11:05:54 pm »

Honey, you can oil my drapes any time.

I somehow never noticed that Twin Peaks had come out on video.  But after recently watching Eraserhead (see other thread that I am too tired to link to), I am afraid that I might not like it any more and re-watching it would just spoil the good memories.  That lady in the radiator in Eraserhead jumped out at me as very Twin Peaks-y and also as the most annoying and pointless part of the movie. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 11:23:49 pm »

The Lady In The Radiator... I don't think that sequence is pointless.

Disturbing, sure, but pointless?

She's a metaphor for all the ways that a weak-willed man can escape from harsh reality into a world where a warped ancient vision of femininity that never really existed can protect him forever.

A conflation of mother figure and lover figure, hissing at him from a radiator out from fifty years in the past, singing to him that he should kill himself and go to heaven because everything will be all right there.

It's just that... you know... in David Lynch World, you get that across with a deformed Betty Boop singing up toward you through the dust of ages and into a heating duct.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 04:45:03 am »

Er?

The latter sounds like a euphemism for flicking the bean;  I can't even guess at the first term.  Tree-hugging?

You know:  cuddle a log, and oil my drapes?  No euphemisms here.  Just dated cultural references.

Any way, I was thwarted in my attempt to start the marthon today by the problem of having a social life... I'm starting tomorrow come hell or high water.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 05:13:17 am »

Quote from: side_show link=topic
Any way, I was thwarted in my attempt to start the marthon today by the problem of having a social life... I'm starting tomorrow come hell or high water.

I usually hate being alone, but sometimes those pesky social lifes can ruin good plans.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 04:31:03 pm by side_show »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 03:59:51 pm »

You know:  cuddle a log, and oil my drapes?  No euphemisms here.  Just dated cultural references.

I don't know what I was doing when all the cool kids were watching Twin Peaks.  Probably memorizing resistor color codes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 05:51:21 pm »

You know:  cuddle a log, and oil my drapes?

The ladyfriend has the Jerry Horne card.  (Portrayed by David Patrick Kelly, another one of her fixations, like Al.)

This is notable because the card says he graduated from Gonzaga Law, the same school that my mother graduated from.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up