Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Peaks Season Two  (Read 4987 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:58:32 pm »

I made it.  I watched the whole damn series in one weekend.  I never realized just how great the first part of the second season is, and how much the series lost direction after the killer is revealed (no spoilers just in case!).  Watching it all at once makes both the great and the awful stand out pretty clearly. 

It really is a work of art though - terrifying, beautiful, funny, horrible, kitchy...  Fuck yeah.

Anyway, wombat - Twin Peaks is much more approachable than Eraserhead, and holds up quite well.  I think having seen Eraserhead will enhance your Twin Peaks experience, not water it down.  Then again, I was also the one who recommended Eraserhead in the first place...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 09:53:25 pm »

I, as of tonight, will have watched all of "Weeds" in a few days. What do you guys think of this show?
I like it a lot.

It makes me want to do drugs, though. So, you know, bad influence. Don't judge me too harshly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:38 pm »

I, as of tonight, will have watched all of "Weeds" in a few days. What do you guys think of this show?
I like it a lot.

It makes me want to do drugs, though. So, you know, bad influence. Don't judge me too harshly.

When I was your age, getting up in the morning made me want to do drugs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:32 am »

I wish I could wake up with the drugs already in me.  That pesky five minute period is really bringing me down.

Anyhow, on a serious note, I don't like Weeds.  It is to, well, maybe I already see the stuff on a daily basis.  Like, lots of pot dealers live in nice neighborhoods and have kids and are nice and...  It is alright but some parts could be more interesting I guess.  I have watched some on line, and I was entertained, but it feels like half assed California Morality mixed with a soap opera that involves herb so young'uns will watch. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 02:02:58 pm »

My dealers were never suburbanites.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 08:48:53 pm »

It depends what you are buying.  I am a suburbanite, so maybe that explains it.  There is no big city to go to either.  Like, in OKC you can't just go somewhere and buy an eight ball.  You have to know someone.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:55 pm »

In OKC you can't just go somewhere and buy an eight ball.  You have to know someone.

These people know someone.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:14 am »

These people know someone.

Oh daaaaayumn. Meth mouth is so sexy. I should see about getting an introduction from those ladies to the folks that they know.

I've never seen "Weeds". I have read a few articles about marijuana indoor farm ops where the honcho buys a McMansion in some soulless subdivision and then just rip out all the non loadbearing walls and just convert the shit out of the house into a weed plantation. They patch into the grid illegally to steal electricity for the grow lights so that it doesn't register on the individual home's meter, the whole nine yards. In the article that I read, it's usually their carelessness (such as forgetting to water the lawn) that gets the yuppie neighbors antsy. By the time the cops bust the joint, they're out the current crop, but then again they've probably made enough cash from the farm to pay for another 5 houses. 

Is weeds about stuff like that? Or just some suburban types who move a few bricks here and there?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 04:33:41 am »

Where in Oklahoma was that? 


And yeah, I was talking about coke.  Go to any trailer park and you can get meth.  That isn't really my scene.

Basically my point is that people sell drugs wherever people are.  Some of them have kids and nice houses.  Some of them have meth labs (and kids).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 04:50:01 am »

Where in Oklahoma was that? 


And yeah, I was talking about coke.  Go to any trailer park and you can get meth.  That isn't really my scene.

Basically my point is that people sell drugs wherever people are.  Some of them have kids and nice houses.  Some of them have meth labs (and kids)..

Do you live in OK? The articles I read were about California and Colorado. I live in Colorado.

Yeah, I figured you were talking about coke. Paul's picture was of meth freaks though. I saw a spread in National Geographic many years ago about how they process cocaine in central and south america. It was craaazy.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 05:01:55 am »

Yeah, I was asking Paul where the picture was taken in OK (like what town), sorry for the confusion.  I may live in Boulder or Denver starting early next year though. 

The last statement was about Weeds and why I don't like it, although I may be simplifying the show (there is also a lot of drama and funnies, but, as I said, it feels to much like a soap opera that kids watch because OMG WEED!! HOW HIP!  That tries to make a statement because a pretty mom in a nice neighborhood sells drugs, but it is a pretty weak message too.)


And yeah, the coke process is pretty fucked.  That is one of many reasons why I generally don't do it (sometimes I succumb), I was just using coke as an example because I am pretty sure coke and heroin are, in general, your big city street corner drugs.  There is not a place in OK where you are going to be able to go somewhere and buy drugs from someone you have never met on a corner, that is all I was really trying to say, I guess.  And since they are drugs and always have a market, they come from nice people in nice houses sometimes.  Especially weed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:07:03 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22:22 am »

Where in Oklahoma was that? 

Just south of OKC.  Maybe 10-15 miles.  Don't remember the name of the town.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 09:00:00 am »

Dang.  I live in a town 10-15 miles (10) south of OKC.


Dang.  That is not what we all look like.  I swear.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:24:53 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 02:10:39 pm »

Where in Oklahoma was that? 


And yeah, I was talking about coke.  Go to any trailer park and you can get meth.  That isn't really my scene.

Coke prices in Portland have dropped like a rock (sorry) and it's everywhere. Nothing like a healthy does of competition to balance those prices out. God bless the U.S.A.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Twin Peaks Season Two
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 03:44:51 pm »

basically I like the show because it is a nice diversion, pretty funny, and it ended on a big cliffhanger and I want to know what happens.

I mean, it's no "Arrested Development," that's for goddamn sure.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up