Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Bros  (Read 4279 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 05:07:29 am »

Quote from: Charles Nelson Mandela
If I was a dude of uterus, there's no way in hell I'd leave my birth control in a communal dorm fridge.

Well, take heart in the fact that you are at least a dude of CAN'D.

That is an excellent turn of phrase you got there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 06:37:24 am »

The birth control is circumstantial, not mine - my friend/neighbor (who coincidentally has the same birthdate as me) is keeping her NuvaRing in my fridge.

As for the prior alcohol purchases, the seven mixed drinks were on my actual birthday, and it was a bit much. The Steel Reserve was a "fuck, I can buy myself a 40!" impulse purchase right before going to the ABC store.

I didn't start drinking until college pretty much, and I'm still not a heavy drinker, so I still don't really have a discriminating palate as far as booze goes. Which is cheaper.

The mayo is random; I just had them leftover and saw no reason to toss them. I love mayonnaise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 07:49:06 pm »

One of my more tragic college discoveries was that a pony keg doesn't keep - even if you refrigerate it.  I had visions of tapping a cold one at will for weeks on end, but within 3 days it had turned vile.  Turns out the standard pump pressurizer that you get with a keg you buy for a party just pumps regular old oxygen containing room air into your jug of delight, rapidly oxidizing the delicious malt flavors into cardboardiness.  Now, these many years later, I've got a CO2 pressurizing system for my homebrew kegs, and my dreams of at-will draft beer have been realized.

Also, the Xtian Bros brandy is a fine choice IMO.  Its not like Rumjay is swilling pre-mixed cosmos-in-a-can here.  A few fingers of brandy in a short tumbler, neat, is a pretty sophisticated option for contemplating required reading in college.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 08:20:21 pm »

Well, take heart in the fact that you are at least a dude of CAN'D.

That is an excellent turn of phrase you got there.

I was thinking that in 50 years, when Acheland is opened the bathrooms might be labeled "Doggs" and "Dudes of Uterus".

The catch is, the doors open into the same large room where there's a keg, a cat on the toilet with a glass pipe, and everyone having a party.  The real bathrooms are too crass to have out in the open, and will only be spoken of in hushed tones.  They'll be decorated in a Keenspot motif.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 11:13:02 pm »

One of my more tragic college discoveries was that a pony keg doesn't keep - even if you refrigerate it.  I had visions of tapping a cold one at will for weeks on end, but within 3 days it had turned vile.  Turns out the standard pump pressurizer that you get with a keg you buy for a party just pumps regular old oxygen containing room air into your jug of delight, rapidly oxidizing the delicious malt flavors into cardboardiness.  Now, these many years later, I've got a CO2 pressurizing system for my homebrew kegs, and my dreams of at-will draft beer have been realized.

Did your generation not have the kegerator? The kegerator allows one to keep the keg in a fridged box with a C02 pump that lasts basically forever. My old dorm knew no other way to keep beer.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 01:09:56 am »

We considered ourselves fortunate if the rooms were equipped with four functioning light bulbs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:58 am »

The only dorm I spent any time in, I was happy if there was somewhere soft for me to pass out on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 07:15:35 am »

My dorm was one of the grossest places ever when we got done with it.  I was able to pick a years worth of trash up in like 5 hours though, since it was so tiny.  I don't really know why that happened, generally my place is at least kind of clean, but whatever. 

I did not drink at all my freshman year.  Like, I literally drank alcohol less than 5 times after the first week.  I have no idea why.  I drank pretty heavily in High School, started drinking again quickly sophomore year, and kept up (increased) some other well publicized habits that I have, but I didn't drink.  I got the lowest grades of my college career, but I didn't party.  I just stayed outside smoking cigarettes with like 6 or 7 good friends and played this game we invented called two square until like 7 am, when we could buy milk and cereal to feast on before bed.  Also, I lived less than a block from the baseball field that they kept unlocked, we would just play random stoned games in there for hours.  One time I stole a wooden bat, but have since lost it.

Also, we would go to this lake and sit on a dock in the middle of it nearly every night.  This was about 30 minutes away from Pauls Valley, OK, so it is very rural area.  The skies were very nice. 

I think I was a lot happier then, before 3 years of horrible stressed out collegeness (or now that I read this post again, perhaps because the people I knew that year are all out of my life; one committed suicide, three failed out before Junior year, one was a foreign exchange student from England and a couple I just don't see as much because of Things).  I am sorry that I am an asshole on here sometimes.  I think it has a lot to do with a) heavy drinking and b) I am so ready to be out of college that it has just become this horrible purgatory like place, but I am starting to see the rainbow that is graduating in December and getting the hell out of Oklahoma, at least for a while (which kind of actually makes this worse).  I am going to Boulder one month this summer and I have only 9 more hours and 6 more upper division hours needed to graduate.  I am taking one upper division summer, then next fall it is just work, senior capstone and bowling/soccer/golf/bass, etc.


wow, that went of topic, but I guess I will post.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up