Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Bros  (Read 4278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Christian Bros
« on: March 31, 2007, 09:23:34 pm »

I just made my first trip to an ABC store (gov't-owned liquor vendors of VA) to buy my first legal bottles of booze (after seven mixed drinks on my 21st and a 40-ounce of Steel Reserve at Sheetz). I wandered around the store, mulling over my first purchase, until I was thought of this strip, and purchased Christian Brothers brandy.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:39:11 pm »

It is important to buy horrible booze when you are too young and poor to know better. This supports the important terrible booze industry.
How was it?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »

yech... Christian Brothers, eh? Good luck with that.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:59:50 pm »

I hope you also bought a really bad supermarket turkey and a plastic spork. Any other way would just be uncivilized.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:05:45 am »

It is important to buy horrible booze when you are too young and poor to know better. This supports the important terrible booze industry.
How was it?

Haven't had it yet. I don't yet know good liquor from bad liquor (though I'm learning about beer) so it all pretty much tastes the same to me...no harm, no foul, booze industry.

My dorm fridge is filled with booze of all kinds, packs of mayo, and birth control. On the front is written: "Studying is for fags" and a picture of Barack Obama. I believe it encapsulates my college experience.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 12:42:38 am »

(after seven mixed drinks on my 21st and a 40-ounce of Steel Reserve at Sheetz).

At one time? How sick did you get?

And, did I get this old without someone telling me you are supposed to keep the birth control in the fridge?  You do know that that thing with the Coke doesn't work, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 01:30:10 am »

My dorm fridge is filled with booze of all kinds, packs of mayo, and birth control. On the front is written: "Studying is for fags" and a picture of Barack Obama.

Do I want to know what that mayonnaise is for?

Can it possibly be worse than my nebulous incompletely-imagined hypotheticals?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 01:35:06 am »

To play devil's advocate, it might be for sammiches. Booze-and-BC sammiches.

Mmmmmmmm.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 01:38:11 am »

That'd be absolutely horrible.

I mean, it can be hard enough to bite cleanly enough through ham that you don't just pull the whole slice out; you'd have no chance at all with latex.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 01:44:58 am »

I don't see how someone could make it to the age of 21 in this country and not know about good booze. You are supposed to get your Boone's Farm and Keystone drunks out of the way when you are fifteen (Swain's First Bike Ride).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 02:35:57 am »

That'd be absolutely horrible.

I mean, it can be hard enough to bite cleanly enough through ham that you don't just pull the whole slice out; you'd have no chance at all with latex.

True Confessions: While I never did this myself, the people I lived with my freshman year of college would regularly sit around the common room chewing flavored condoms. (As we were the First-Year Residential Seminar dorm, taking Religion 101 and generally being dorks, this is how the majority of our free-from-the-Health-Center condoms got used up.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 03:19:43 am »

the only liquor that I can tell that it's bad is like... really really bad beer, and vodka. Because bad vodka is basically Gasoline.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 03:51:54 am »

Christian Bros was pretty harsh on the gullet the one time I had it. Also, I think the birth control is in the fridge because its supposed to be kept in a cool dry dark place and virginia gets warm and humid.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 04:06:55 am »

I do know that "The Ring" is supposed to be kept refrigerated until inside where a lady is most awesome so as to maintain maximum Baby Stopping effectiveness. I don't think pills are so finicky.

Also, on the topic of cheap college liquors, I once had the line in a short film in college:

"Salignac... the champagne of cognacs. He's close."

I was playing a mortician with a split personality, tracking his assistant mortician down through the streets of Syracuse because he kidnapped a corpse that they were both in love with. That all three of them were in love with, if you wanna get technical. I can't believe I got to do such things and only walk out with twenty grand of suffocating debt.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Bros
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 05:04:46 am »

If I was a dude of uterus, there's no way in hell I'd leave my birth control in a communal dorm fridge. I'd have all these ADD night visions of pranksters replacing my Ortho-Whoozits with Tic-Tacs. One minute I'm thinking, "Daaamn, that's some minty-ass estrogen there," the next I'm creating an account with Upromise.
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up