And in church when I was a little guy, we used to sing this hymn that went
Lead On, Oh Kinky Turtle....
HOLY COW ALOHADAWG ARE YOU MY BIG BROTHER?
I swear to you, this is my brother's story. His name is Steve.
Is your real name AlohaSteve? Also when I was a kid Steve pointed out a misprint in the hymnal that isntructed us to sing "let the poople rejoice."
My own personal miseheard-lyrics story involved Stevie Nicks. You know the song..."Just like the white-winged dove sings a song (sounds like she's singin') -- whoo, baby, whoo, whoo..."
Well, I heard the lyrics as "one-winged dove." Which, being the analytical historian that I am, I interpreted to imply peace without honor, vis-a-vis Vietnam. It was only about a year ago that I realized that this was pretty much ludicrous and I'd been singing the wrong lyrics since I was five.
Another oft-misheard lyric is Eiffel65's "Blue." The actual lyrics are gibberish on the chorus, but I personally always heard them as "I"m blue, if I were green I would die" which I thought was awfully clever. Other variations
here.
And then, of course, there's everyone's favorite: "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy."