Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekly recipe -  (Read 21598 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 06:26:01 pm »

they have Chick-fil-A in NYC? Goddamn.

Apparently there is one in St Louis, but it isn't near me, or near a metro stop. So. I miss having my Chick-Fil-A Sandwich.

Yea, and Im pretty sure the Chik-fil-a at the A-CAP Weinstein dining commons is the only one in new york. And you need an A-CAP ID to get in the building so its kind of like flipping the bird to any non-A-CAP person in manhattan who wants a delicious sammich.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 07:56:09 pm »

THREE THOUGHTS ABOUT CHICKEN:

1) People underestimate the value of the chicken tender as a cooking ingredient. That chicken-tender burrito sounds wicked, and once in college I had a chopped-up-chicken-tender pizza that was delicious. (I'm tempted to get one of those huge packs of Cain's, eat a few of them, and then use the rest in the kitchen.)

2) Chik-Fil-A is basically the chicken-fast-food equivalent of kissing God. If there's one thing that makes me glad to be in the South, it is this restaurant.

3) Finally, to get back on thread topic, here's my go-to Extremely Simple Chicken Recipe:

Lemonade Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Place chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Combine the lemonade, soy sauce, and garlic powder, and pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then uncover, pour juices over chicken again, and cool for another 10 minutes uncovered.

This recipe is, as is pretty obvious, drop-dead easy but yields a flavorful, juicy chicken dish. (It works substantially better with halves than whole chicken breasts, though; the thinner the chicken, the better the juice and flavor permeates. Whole breasts will still be okay, though, if you don't feel like halving anything.) For best results, pour the remaining juices over the chicken gravy-style once it's plated, or dip bites of chicken into it if you're feeling a little crass.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 08:11:35 pm »

See, dropping the chicken on a rice bed of choice and drizzling juice would be a real winner there.

I neglected to mention it, but yes, this is also A+++ excellent would eat again.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:16 am »

damn, not to cramp your style or anything but Annies is no good. Kraft is way better.

Maybe that's just because I'm all Nauseous and shit right now, though. Officially: being sick at College far from your Mommy is not fun at all.

At this stage in my life, most of my recipes are based on telling a person behind a counter what I would like, and then paying for it with my school ID. if you know what I'm saying, guys! am i rite? am I rite? I am a big fan, though, of the burrito my friends are horrified by: the Chicken Tender burrito. Chicken tenders chopped up, sour cream, salsa, and cheese. In a burrito.

Don't say I never gave you anything.

we have (in Charlotte) a panini press, and it is probably the most-used kitchen appliance at my house. We eat so many panini.



Oh fuck yes. I have never tried that burrito, but god damn does it sound delicious. The only way that burrito could get better is if they were Buffalo Chicken Tenders. I totally want one. Mmmmm.

Also, a panini press is on my list of stuff to buy. So awesome. In Boulder I worked down the street from a panini place and they made the most delicious grilled sandwiches I have ever sampled. I miss those.

Have I mentioned how thoroughly sick I am of the four restaurants we have in town?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 02:52:41 am »

I probably could get it with some buffalo sauce... but it might kill me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:08 am »

I probably could get it with some buffalo sauce... but it might kill me.

If you don't like hot food, then definitely skip it.

I can't hang with ultra-hot stuff like vindaloo, but spicy stuff like buffalo wings are tasty.

Fellas...if you have a special lady, please wash your face and hands thoroughly, and brush your teeth thoroughly after having buffalo wings. I have a really bad story about a "mishap" that me and the Crap Dude ex-fiance encountered when he neglected to take the precautions that I listed. >_< I still wince in pain when I think about it. But at least now I can laugh about it!
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 03:20:24 am »

Fellas...if you have a special lady, please wash your face and hands thoroughly, and brush your teeth thoroughly after having buffalo wings. I have a really bad story about a "mishap" that me and the Crap Dude ex-fiance encountered when he neglected to take the precautions that I listed. >_< I still wince in pain when I think about it. But at least now I can laugh about it!

After some delicious spicy wings, that is the exact opposite of what I want a lady to do.
Logged
ACHIEVE

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 06:12:18 am »

After some delicious spicy wings, that is the exact opposite of what I want a lady to do.

Uhhh...

Unless you regularly bathe your junk in Sriracha, RedHot or Tabasco, I would highly recommend against that.

This unfortunate event happened when we were still in college, and we had been dating for about 2 years. Crap Dude and I went out to a pub and had a tasty light supper of appetizers. We came home, one thing led to another, and everything was great until I realized something was wrong...then I started screaming and I ran to the sink as fast as I could, straddled it, and started a frenzy of soap and water in order to make the pain stop. Owwwwwww.

Of course the bastid was laughing hysterically and trying to gasp out, "baby, are you all right?" in between paroxysms of giggles. Tragedy + distance = comedy.

Jerk.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 06:18:47 am »

Does anyone have ideas on how to sex up the classic PB&J?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 07:11:46 am »

Unless you regularly bathe your junk in Sriracha, RedHot or Tabasco, I would highly recommend against that.

I still stand by my previous comment.
Logged
ACHIEVE

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:28 am »

A panini maker, a rice cooker, and a microwave are the only cookware a person ever needs.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 12:14:48 pm »

Does anyone have ideas on how to sex up the classic PB&J?

Make it on toast...?
Maybe a panini if sexing it up is really what you're after?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 07:17:37 pm »

I don't understand the concept of "sexing up a PB&J." Isn't the point that you eat PB&Js when you don't have the inclination towards, or the energy to fix, sexy food? Why add more effort to it?

Anyway, that said: look for interesting jellies/jams, since new flavors always help. And, of course, remember to spread the peanut butter before you spread the jelly, so the jelly is the innermost layer and doesn't make the bread soggy in the period between making and eating.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 07:21:55 pm »

Peanut butter and bacon is good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weekly recipe -
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 08:28:11 pm »

um, wtf? jelly on one side and pb on the other, people?

come on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up