Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare  (Read 6818 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:08:56 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04032007

Damn, what a situation is goin' on there.  Very nice.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 04:17:41 am by AugustWest »
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:11:01 am »

The permalink is wrong... mod? #####?

Edit: wait... R-O-B-O-T is censored? wtf?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:13:33 am »

:(

I was just about to post this, but luckily I double-checked the forum before hitting "Post".  At least you used the right title.

Anyway, I don't know if it's my worst nightmare, but the thought of an anthropomorphic cat dressed as Simon Cowell busting into my room to criticise my wanking technique isn't exactly pleasant.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:19:01 am »

The permalink is wrong... mod? #####?
Fixed.

Quote
Edit: wait... R-O-B-O-T is censored? wtf?

Dude, welcome to 2003.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:21:54 am »

The teddy bear understands the cardinal rule of working on a project you dislike.

Whenever someone tries to make the thing even more complex or even more expensive or even more time-consuming, try like hell to convince them that it isn't necessary, that they can fix it in post later.

If you really sell it, you can get any not-completely-experienced person to buy into it, it's called On-Set Traumatic Hypnotism where people are so overwhelmed by how basically and strictly impossible it is to make a movie and... they can be convinced of anything that would make it slightly easier.

By the time they are in the editing room and the Traumatic Hypnotism has worn off, hopefully you got your checks cashed and your crew shirt sent off to some fanboy cousin back East and they're too busy trying to fix the damn thing to have you killed.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 04:32:14 am »

Do you think it is rad to have cynicism?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:53 am »

In most situations, cynicism is not rad at all.

But... when you're talking about something as weird as making a movie, a little cynicism is a healthy defense mechanism. A film set is so hectic and all-the-hell-over-the-place that, seriously, you quickly realize that such an endeavour is full-on Tinkerbell... if anybody stops clapping their hands, everyone will quickly realize that pixies are ficticious.

A movie set is a cartoon character running ten feet past the edge of a cliff where the bridge is out.

If he doesn't look down, he might actually get to the other side. If he does look down, however, he will only have enough time to whip out a tiny umbrella before plummeting to his death.

In such situations, cynicism is so not rad that is goes around the other side and becomes completely rad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:53 am »

They should tap Lyle's acting experience, if he's around. 

A-CAP, that word and a few other seemingly innocuous words are censored/altered.  I don't know why this is.  The veteran posters know, but they won't tell you.  You could read the entire archives to try to learn the secret, or you could do what I do, and just privately feign a knowing laugh whenever it comes up.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 04:58:36 am »

from now on "every fat dude's worst nightmare" is my mnemonic for remembering the order in music staves

i am posting this on a BOAT
Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 04:58:50 am »

who called it, huh? Who called it?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:01 am »

This is how people my parents' age in my hometown are about who burned down the high school in the early Seventies.

Everyone in their early fifties seems to know who did it but... they won't tell anyone younger or older how it went down. It is this weird open secret that is not actually open at all.

Like, you know, one of those secrets where... it's a secret... but it's not SECRET that it's a secret.

I always figured that on the secret hidden moderators' board, they just... occasionally slaughter a bird and whatever word its guts spell out, they decide to programme in a substitution upon that case.

Nearly every great conspiracy revolves around reading a bird's guts.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:38 am »

from now on "every fat dude's worst nightmare" is my mnemonic for remembering the order in music staves

i am posting this on a BOAT

Uh Dude, sorry, but in the treble clef, the fourth line is W sharp.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 05:10:05 am »

There are no secrets on this board.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:49:32 am »

I feel like people constantly tell me the reason, and I say "oh, I get it!" and then I immediately forget it.

I am noticing lately that I am much more cynical than I thought. Although, I mean...
is it cynical to say that it makes sense for a University to fire a professor who doesn't teach well, and refuses to do research? They are being nice and keeping him on part-time instead of straight-up firing his ass. My friends say that I'm a jerk because I don't think it's the University's "responsibility" to give him health care, because he's old and sick. I mean... is it their problem that he sucked at his job? Is it their problem that he is old?

What bothers me the most is that this girl has been bitching about what a bad teacher he is for the whole year. She skips his class several times a week.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:02:13 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: 4.03.2007 - every fat dude's worst nightmare
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 06:50:46 am »

That's okay Ash, I am happy to be like the innocent youth in lfm's terrifying hometown.  It is one of the roles I play here. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up